Future Plug in of CAM

Next
Hi Michael:

My question is maybe outside of place but it interests me that in a future MOI it includes a Plug In of CAM. I believe that MOI fulfills all the requirements to be able to achieve it.

The scrip problem for me you already solves and MOI works very well I suggest that all check its systems of security.

Best Regards

Juan Galvan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
810.2 In reply to 810.1 
Hi Juan, I don't really have a lot of CAM-specific experience myself, so it isn't very likely that I will make a CAM system myself.

But in the future I would like to make a plug-in system for MoI so that other developers could add a CAM system in as an extension.

But it will take quite a bit of work to make a plug-in system, I think that it will take quite a bit of time before I will be able to work on this area.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
810.3 In reply to 810.2 
I believe there is a big market for affordable CAM that's powerful enough to compete with Gibbs, Mastercam, etc. but sells for a lot less. Mecsoft ports Visual Mill to Rhino. They also are apparently going to port to Alibre. The owner of Mecsoft is one of the few people I have a lot or respect for in the CAM business. Suggest you get to know Joe Anand. Class act. Unigraphics background. Knows what machining job shops need in a CAM system.... graphical editing control over the toolpath, ability to change your mind on how you wish to machine parts without being penalized for changing your mind.

You might want to read his interview on the Novedge Blog.

http://blog.novedge.com/2007/06/an_interview_wi_2.html

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
810.4 In reply to 810.3