circular array issue

Next
I want to create a circular array with 14 elements which is slightly less than 360 degrees. but experimenting with the numbers gave me some odd results: when entering 360 degrees as angle to fill, it gives me exactly the same result as with 334.4 degrees. huh?
Attachments:

Image Attachments:
Size: 203.9 KB, Downloaded: 35 times, Dimensions: 969x610px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8066.2 In reply to 8066.1 
You must not!

Make the same with the "rectangle" from your base of the piece view Bottom!
You will see a little difference between 360° and 334.4°!
So the same for the complete piece!

EDITED: 19 Aug 2016 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8066.3 In reply to 8066.1 
Hi Wim, so maybe the thing that's a bit confusing is if you leave "angle to fill" as 360, it's not going to stick a duplicate item at the angle = 0 spot, because that would result in a duplicated object for the most common circular repetition case which would not be good.

So for example item count = 8 and angle to fill = 360 will generate this type of result:

If you put in an angle other than 360, the behavior will change a bit, having the first item at angle 0 and another item at the full angle, then distributed between them. That's so say an angle of 180 will work like this:

However, that is different behavior than the angle = 360 case, now there's an item both at the 0 angle and the max angle.

So if for example you change the angle to fill = 359 you won't see a tiny 1 degree shift from angle = 360, you'll see a different distribution used, and if you get the angle placing the final item at just almost exactly where it did it place it for the angle = 360 case then you would indeed see an identical result between those 2 different angle values.

But if it didn't work like this you'd have pretty undesirable results for something like the 360 and 180 fill cases like I show above, that's why angle = 360 is treated as a special case and doesn't try to have one item at 0 and then the last one at 360 making a duplicate there.

Hope that makes sense!

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All