MoI, Grasshopper or other...

Next
Hi Michaël !

1- Like Rhino is there any chance for Grasshopper to be a plugin of MoI ?
or
2- Do you have in mind to create an own MoI node language ?

I'm an architect and I like MoI for my pre research and it would be interesting for me to make different simulations

Thank you and good work for the next Version !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8044.2 In reply to 8044.1 
Hi Surfnturf,

> 1- Like Rhino is there any chance for Grasshopper to be a plugin of MoI ?

Sorry, no chance of that. Grasshopper is a complex plug-in that runs inside the Rhino environment, it's uses all kinds of services in Rhino which makes it tightly connected to Rhino. Although MoI has similarities to Rhino it's not an exact same replicated environment and so you can't run a Rhino plug-in inside of MoI.

As an analogy think about a car engine part and how it has all kinds of hookups to other systems in the car - and then you're basically asking if you can just take one part from one car and just drop it right into place in a totally different car model.

> 2- Do you have in mind to create an own MoI node language ?

I don't myself, but someone else already has! Check out this thread here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3145.28

In the future I would also like to try and incorporate some kind of procedural model construction more directly supported in MoI but probably more text scripting focused than node editor focused.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michaël

Thank you for your quick answer and sorry for having tried to compare 2 different softwares but they are cousins, both have the same extension (.3dm)
In the future that it will be very great to be able to go back in the modeling process. An artist may need to be able to change the basic element in order to modify all the stacks

thanks for your hard work
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8044.4 In reply to 8044.3 
Hi Surfnturf, no problem - I'm used to having MoI and Rhino compared since I also started Rhino as well. So there is a lot of "design DNA" shared between them. But they're focused on different things, MoI is all about making the basic things like drawing, snapping, and selecting more streamlined and fluid. You can use them in combination with each other well since like you mentioned they use the same .3dm file format and you can even copy and paste between them.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8044.5 In reply to 8044.3 
"""""""""""""having tried to compare 2 different softwares but they are cousins, both have the same extension (.3dm)"""""""""""""

They are siblings.. They both have the same father!

One child is a neurotic genious who possesses worldly skills and an immense knowledge gathered and bubbling up in daily conversations.

The other is a sweet, beautifully enlightened youngster who's potential is capturing the attention of many's hopes and dreams of the future!

lol
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All