How to change the 3D face model

Next

I like to know how to use this command. Very useful to editing faces. Could you please tell me how. I am using MOI 3D v3

Thanks
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi
Simply Extrude command :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8035.3 In reply to 8035.2 
Hi Finema,
With the extrude command only do 2D profile to change it into 3D. What I am saying if you already have the 3D block and you need to modify the block by selecting the face and change the depth of an object as shown in 140922_MoI3.gif. thats what I need not what you say ok.

thanks
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8035.4 In reply to 8035.3 
Cick (select) a face(s) of your volume, call Extrude and Move your mouse
Click another face(s) Right Click (= recall last function so Extrude) & Move your mouse
etc...

EDITED: 22 Jul 2016 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8035.5 In reply to 8035.3 
holla ..... cool man.. and try the frenchy video :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8035.6 In reply to 8035.3 
Hi Ray - it is the Extrude command that you are showing there.

> With the extrude command only do 2D profile to change it into 3D.

This is not quite accurate - the extrude command can be used on both 2D curves like you are describing but also it can be used on surfaces or faces. So for example you can also extrude a wavy surface and it will build a slab from that like this:

If the surface that is being extruded is a face that belongs to a solid, the extruded piece will be automatically boolean differenced or unioned with the solid the face belongs to, which is what you are showing in your post above.

That's a new feature for v3 and is covered in the "what's new" page here: http://moi3d.com/3.0/whatsnew.htm , it was introduced in the last v3 beta, there is some more description of it here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6790.2

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8035.7 In reply to 8035.6 
Hi Micheal,
Thanks a lot regarding the Extrude command. The think is that when I see something that amaze me love to try it. The Extrude command I use it in AutoCAD 2017 and have a feature that if you need to edit the 3D model face just click on that face and can be changed it but never enter to the command Extrude. I thought it was the same but anyway hope to see it in MOI 3D v4.

Thanks everyone for your help.

RC
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8035.8 In reply to 8035.7 
Hi RC, I do want to work on adding "movement" of a face as well in the future, but it's quite a bit more complex in many cases than just doing an extrude.

Like in this case here:

"Moving" the face would need to give this result:

"Extruding" that face does this:

The difficulty with the move case is that it involves some more difficult internal steps of extending the surface on all sides and intersecting it with the surrounding side wall pieces. The result is dependent on interactions between many surfaces, it's not just a direct construction from that face all by itself like Extrude is.

But for the case of boxy objects with 90 degree angles they are the same and for those cases the Extrude command update for v3 to do automatic booleans will work the same as moving the face.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8035.9 In reply to 8035.8 
Hi Micheal,
Thanks again for your support and I wish you all the fortune in MOI 3D to make it better and better. I use MOI 3D just I love your program the way to do 3D and very easy to learn it. I like to introduced it into Education Department for our students that needs to learn and produce 3D for their projects in easy way.

In the moment, we are using AutoCAD 2017 to produce 3D and now is the time to start using MOI 3D too.

I will try.

Thanks again for your support to helping me and the others to learn MOI 3D in the way that everybody understand your way to teach.

Thanks

RC
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All