Unrecognized file type error
All  1-2  3-7

Previous
Next
8021.3 In reply to 8021.2 
Thanks, Michael. Yes, I had tried that, and then tried it again as you suggested. Still getting the error. Same error if I drag the file from the finder to the MoI icon in the dock. Hmm...

-Randy
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8021.4 In reply to 8021.3 
Hi Randy, I tried over here on El Capitan and I can't repeat the problem.

It's probably a Wineskin bug with the handling of that particular file name or path, do you have any spaces or punctuation characters in the directory or file name of the file that you're dragging or clicking?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8021.5 In reply to 8021.4 
My hard drives all have a space in their name, so I tested it from a thumbdrive with no spaces in the name. It successfully opened directly into MoI. Renaming my hard drives would be problematic. Any other way to get around this bug. My hard drives have had spaces in them for years and I have used MoI for years with no problem up to today. I attached a screenshot of the error dialog box.

When I reinstall MoI, should I restart my computer before trying to open the reinstalled app? Is it using the old Wineskin?

Thanks, again!

-Randy
Image Attachments:
Size: 20.1 KB, Downloaded: 3 times, Dimensions: 186x104px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
8021.6 In reply to 8021.5 
Hi Randy, over here I'm able to use spaces in a folder name ok and so I don't know why it behaves differently over there. I also don't know why it would behave differently just all of a sudden. Have you possibly installed any system utilities recently that might alter system behavior?

The wineskin stuff is bundled along with the MoI installation so it shouldn't be running an old version when you launch it.

Right now I'm sorry but I don't know how to fix it, it should probably go away in version 4 since I'm not using Wineskin anymore for v4, so the whole structure of the MoI Mac version will be considerably simplified in v4.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
8021.7 In reply to 8021.6 
Yes, I read that about v4. Yay for Macs!

- Randy
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-7