Tool bar - customizing
All  1-16  17-20

Previous
Next
7971.17 In reply to 7971.16 
Hi Tom,

> The icons are way smaller than the bar so currently I am uncertain which
> elements I should decrease in size.

Well, first of all did you also do the shrinking on the CommandbarRight.htm as well?

Then the next thing to look for is that several controls might have either padding or margins on them which makes blank space around them. You may need to reduce padding or margins in order to shrink them down more.

Probably the best way to figure out which particular things are taking up the most space is to temporarily delete one control at a time out of the file, then view it, and when you find the one where the size reduces a lot when it's removed, then you know that particular element is the one you need to shrink. You can then look at the style at the top of CommandBar.htm and also any style rules inside moi.css for that particular type of control to see if there is padding or margins set on it and experiment with removing them.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7971.18 In reply to 7971.17 
>Well, first of all did you also do the shrinking on the CommandbarRight.htm as well?<

I thought this could be the reason and tried to leiminate the text below the icons.
But when I insert the Style command I get what you see below.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7971.19 In reply to 7971.18 
Hi Tom, there's an error in your CommandBarRight.htm , a style block needs to start with <style> and end with </style> (note especially the backslash for the closing one).

Instead of an opening and then a closing one, you've got 2 opening ones and so the parser will think that everything coming after belongs to a new second opened style block.

Edit your CommandBarRight.htm line #11 to have </style> with a backslash and that will fix that part, although another thing is the Help button is a slightly different type of command button and so you need to make the style rule have an extra part (for a <moi:CommandSplitButton>) to it to cover that as well, like this:

code:
		<style>
		    moi\:CommandButton moi\:Text, moi\:CommandMenuButton moi\:Text, moi\:CommandSplitButton moi\:Text
			{
				display:none;				
			}	

</style>

Then the vertical scroll bar that appears is a bug where the v2 UI engine is off by a few pixels when it measures the size of the command bar content (like maybe it's missing measuring some padding or something like that). It probably wouldn't happen in v3. It may go away when you tweak the heights of other things some more or it may just be something you're stuck with in v2.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7971.20 In reply to 7971.19 
<Hi Tom, there's an error in your CommandBarRight.htm>
Yes ! Thx for helping.

<Then the vertical scroll bar that appears is a bug>
Tried many waya to get rid of it but yes, looks like its is a V2 bug.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-16  17-20