Script Problems in Versions "moi_Jun-12-2007" and "moi_Jul-17-2007"
 1-20  21-25

Previous
Next
797.21 In reply to 797.18 
Hi Raji, thanks for the update, it looks like I am headed in the right direction.

Can you please try this other unofficial version here: http://moi3d.com/beta/moi_Jul-30-2007_setup.exe - if this one works then I will incorporate this change into the next official beta.

Can you describe a little more about the non-smooth feeling? Like does it happen right in the middle of a command like when you are actively drawing a line? Or is there a hesitation before a command starts running initially?

Thanks for your help testing this,

- Michael

EDIT - corrected typo above, the new test version is the Jul-30 version.

EDITED: 31 Jul 2007 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.22 In reply to 797.21 
Hi Raji, sorry I had a mistake in that last message - the new one is actually this one:
http://moi3d.com/beta/moi_Jul-30-2007_setup.exe

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.23 In reply to 797.22 
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS,

finally it works. I can create rectangles, extrudes, etc. Thanks a lot, not sure what you did, but the version from the 30th works.
Now I'll have a chance to test all the other features :)

I keep you informed.

Cheers,
Rainer

No Risk, No Fun
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.24 In reply to 797.23 
> not sure what you did,

Well, that's the strange thing, I didn't really do very much.

MoI uses more than one .exe program when it runs, and these different programs talk to each other when a command is running.

For some reason on your guys' machine there is a problem when one .exe tries to talk directly to the HTML UI document in the main program. I slightly changed the way that this inter-exe talking takes place for this new Jul-30 build. I still don't know why the old way did not work on your machine after that Jul-12 build. At first I thought it might be some kind of security lockdown thing getting in the way, but now I think maybe it is just a bug in something. But there are several system components involved so it is hard for me to figure out exactly which thing has the bug. This particular thing (inter-process communication involving HTML documents) is just not really an area that is commonly used in other programs so you may not notice that it is a problem outside of MoI.

But anyway if I can avoid the particular mechanism that is messed up then everything should be fine...

Please let me know if you run into any more problems with this Jul-30 one. I'll plan on putting out a new regular beta with this change in it tomorrow.

Thanks for all your testing,

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
797.25 In reply to 797.17 
Hi Michael,

back to our first topic in the thread.

Congratulations! You've solved the Script problems completely. I hope that the new Versions (moi_Jul-30-2007) will work not only on my system.

"Hide" works properly.

The performance has increased - compared to the moi_Jul-29-2007.
I've tested it with very heavy geometry...the look and feel is on the level of the march versions, although there are a lot more functions now!

Raji
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-25