Script Problems in Versions "moi_Jun-12-2007" and "moi_Jul-17-2007"
 1-20  21-25

Next
Hi everyone,

in the June - Beta I´ve discovered a script-problem within the HIDE-function. I tried to solve it, reseting the IE7...with no result.
In the July-Beta the bug shows within almost every function (attached Pictures!!!)

I´ve no idea how to solve the problem...uninstalling IE seems to be no solution.

Raji
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.2 In reply to 797.1 
Hi Raji, there seems to be a problem with the Jul-17 version that causes numerous script errors on a few people's machines. I've worked with a few people to narrow down the problem and I'll be posting a new beta with this fixed up probably later this evening.

But this will still leave you with the hide function not working.

In addition to the IE7 reset button, can you please try the following procedure:

Go to Start / Run in Windows, and type in cmd.exe . This should bring up a command prompt.

Type in these commands:

regsvr32 msscript.ocx [enter]
regsvr32 dispex.dll [enter]
regsvr32 vbscript.dll [enter]
regsvr32 jscript.dll [enter]

Can you see if that solves your problem when running the Jun-12 beta? You can still download the Jun-12 beta from here if you need to: http://moi3d.com/beta/moi_Jun-12-2007_setup.exe

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.3 In reply to 797.2 
I am sorry to say that I have the same problem, Script errors without end. I am new to MoI and would just love to get it running.
I tried every fix I found on this forum ... using the june version, checking registry permissions, killed all Virus/Spyware/Firewall protection, checked IE security settings, you name the lot, nothing worked :(

Here my observations, I'm not sure if this is really a permission problem. Some of the functions work, some not. If there is a system problem I would have expected that none of the scripts will work ??? Somehow it happens most of the time when points have to be selected to define something, but not always ...

A list of the commands I tried, I will shorten the error message (Script Error Line xx Column xx to LxxCxx)

Line -> Line : OK
Line -> Polyline :OK
Freeform -> Control Points : L42C3
Freeform -> Through Points : L42C3
Freeform -> Sketch : OK
Rectangle -> Corner : after selecting the 1st point, L37C1
Rectangle -> Center : after selecting the 1st point, L37C1
Rectangle -> 3 Points: after selecting the 1st point, L30C1
Polygon -> Center : OK
Polygon -> Edge : OK
Ploygon -> Star : after selecting the 2nd point, L3C1
Circles -> Center : after selecting the 1st point, L32C1
Circles -> Diameter & Circles 3 Points : OK

Somehow it seems to be related to the point selection, but as mentioned .. not always?

Hope my observation will help,

Cheers,
Rainer
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.4 In reply to 797.3 
Hi Rainer, thanks for the additional information. Maybe the new beta that will be ready later tonight will help. Tomorrow can you please give it a try and see if it works any better or not?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.5 In reply to 797.2 
Hi Michael, thank you for your quick response.

I´ve reinstalled the Jun-12 beta beside the Jul-17 version and tweaked the history, following your instructions.
The result is a working Jun-12 beta (except the HIDE-function), but the Jul-17 beta (not your new version yet) does´t work at all. It produces the same bugs...

If you need additional informations or wan´t me to test something on my "stable" machine - let me know.

raji
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.6 In reply to 797.5 
Hi Raji, Tinhead - can you please try the new Jul-25 version and see if that works better for you now?

Thanks,

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.7 In reply to 797.6 
Hi Michael,

bad news!
------------------------------------------
Step 1:
- deinstalled Jul-17 version
- installed Jul-25 version (beside Jun-12 version)
result: working Jun-12 beta (except the HIDE-function), but the Jul-25 beta produces the same bugs...
------------------------------------------
Step 2:
- deinstalled both versions
- reseted the IE
- tweaked the registry
- installed Jul-25 version solo
result: the Jul-25 beta produces the same bugs...
-----------------------------------------
Step 3:
- installed the Jun-12 version beside the newest one
- without tweaking the registry
- result: working Jun-12 beta (except the HIDE-function), the Jul-25 beta produces the same bugs...
-----------------------------------------
There must have been a change in handling scripts...I guess.
Moi worked very stable and without such major problems till the Jun-12 version on my machine. I had an IE update on july the 15th - i´ll try to figure out if Moi Jul-25 will work without this update...

raji

EDITED: 27 Jul 2007 by RAJI_RASGODRAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.8 In reply to 797.7 
> I had an IE update on july the 15th - i´ll try to figure out if Moi Jul-25 will work without this update...

Thanks Raji, this would be good to know.

I am also going to try and add additional diagnostic information to this next beta that I'm working on, that may provide me with some more information to get to the bottom of this problem.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.9 In reply to 797.6 
Sorry for the late response, was 'on the road' again. Don't laugh ... doing software support ...

I must be doing something very, very wrong, the Jul-25 version shows the same behaviour. So none of them, even the Jun-12 is working on my pc. Btw. I m using Firefox. Did the regsrv thing, killed everything that might 'trying' to protect my system, still the same.

Is there anything else I could try? I think to add more debug information is a good idea. The "Script Error" message should maybe include the name of the script that generates the error.

Cheers,
Rainer

P.S. what is running the scripts anyhow? I checked my wscript.exe and cscript.exe version, it is 5.6.0.8820 ... is this relevant?

EDITED: 27 Jul 2007 by TINHEAD

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.10 In reply to 797.9 
Hi Rainer, now that I am digging into this, it looks like there may possibly be some additional debug information already available.

Can you please check for it - to view the debug log, maximize the MoI window, and then hold down the Ctrl key and click on the "MoI" text label in the upper-right hand corner of the screen, next to the window minimize and close buttons.

That should pop up a debug menu, with an item on it of "Show Log". That will bring up a dialog that shows the error log, if there is anything in it other than the "starting up" message, can you please copy and paste it here? That may help give some additional information.

I'm also going to see if I can add some additional information to that log as well for the next build.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.11 In reply to 797.9 
> P.S. what is running the scripts anyhow? I checked my wscript.exe and
> cscript.exe version, it is 5.6.0.8820 ... is this relevant?

MoI is running the scripts for these itself by hosting the scripting runtime.

Each command has a script that controls the flow of the command, like when to update prompts and other UI, when to start a point picker, etc... You can actually see these scripts under the \commands subdirectory under MoI's main directory in \Program files.

I'm kind of getting a feel that the error is that the UI that goes in the upper-right corner is not getting loaded properly, and the script errors are in the spots where the command script is trying to access the UI document.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.12 In reply to 797.9 
Hi Raji, Rainer,

I just posted a new Jul-27 version, I tweaked a couple of things that may help, and I also added additional diagnostic information that might give me more information to work with.

To get the diagnostic error log, maximize the MoI window and then hold down the Ctrl key and click on the "MoI" label in the upper-right corner of the window nearby the window minimize and close buttons. This will open up a debug menu, choose Show Log from this menu and a dialog with the error log should show up.

If you're still getting script errors with this new version, please check there and if there is anything in there please copy and paste it here for me to look at, that might help me figure it out.

Thanks!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.13 In reply to 797.12 
Hi Michael,

nothing changed. Here the log message:

.\Init.cpp 141: Moi starting up
RunScriptCommand() error - ExecScript() error, hr = -2147352319

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Rainer

P.S. Was trying to create a rectangle, Error happens after selecting the 1st point. Line command still works fine. I also attached the dump file.

No Risk, No Fun
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Halo Michael,
I'm starting Champfer, "Distance1-field" without value and activate "Use 2 Distance".

I'm starting Champfer, "Distance1-field" with value and activate "Use 2 Distance".

Shadowbug in 3dviewport, See luminance location in the shadow.
BestReg`s EDDI
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.15 In reply to 797.14 
Thanks for reporting this Eddi - I'll check into the first 2 tomorrow.

For the third one, the shading problem, I'm not quite sure if I understand. MoI doesn't actually calculate proper shadows in its rendering right now, it just does some fake fast shading. So it's normal for the display not to have fully accurate shadows.

Thanks,

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.16 In reply to 797.14 
Hi Eddi, I have fixed the 2 chamfer script errors for the next bug fix beta. Thanks for reporting them!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.17 In reply to 797.13 
Hi Raji, Hi Rainer,

I have put a new experimental version here: http://moi3d.com/beta/moi_Jul-29-2007_setup.exe (just from that link, this version is not on the main download page).

This has some tweaks that I hope might solve the script error problems. When you get a chance, can you please let me know if it works better or not?

Thanks,

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.18 In reply to 797.17 
Hi Michael,

sorry for my late reaction...

needless to mention all the things I've tried (with the IE7updates...) The moi_Jul-27-2007 version is a mess on my system - at first very sticky and then hard crashes (only the program, not the whole system).
I had not enough time in the last few days, to figure out the precise circumstances.

Nevertheless, it seems that you have solved the problem. Your inofficial moi_Jul-29-2007 runs without the script errors (on one of my systems - later I'll try it on the others...).

The performance is - compared to the MoI beta Jun-12-2007 (the last one that runs...) - a little bit sticky.
It feels not quite as smooth...
I would describe it like: "The Program has to think it over..." Later I'll try it on a PIII700MHz Tablet and dive a little bit deeper in the modeling-functions to see if there are any script errors...

Raji
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Guys can anyone say how to export models from MoI to Softimage XSI
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
797.20 In reply to 797.19 
Hi Annihilus,

Generally I'd recommend exporting to OBJ format to bring models over to XSI. Just do Save As and type in a filename that ends with .obj.

You can also try IGES format if you want to bring the NURBS surface data over.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-25