Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Mister Burr,

I can't find any price for this 'Power Surfacing for Onshape' product Oo ... do you have any info about that ?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.83 In reply to 7954.82 
Hey paq,
Right now free (limited in subd/nurbs surface quantity conversion... paid for full. When i get home i'll post what i know.

FYI: just download and run it to test.

But i just got off the phone with dave this morning. Onshape updated something with their api which broke the "connection" with send to and receive from onshape. Hoping its fixed pretty quick here.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.84 In reply to 7954.82 
PaQ,
I think "paid" is just a license of cyborg3d, which is roughly rhino cost area (i could still be wrong)...

Also commenting on the api break thats being experienced, i think this is a future symptom of the "online, always updated" trend.... 3rd party guys will always get jacked and be playing catchup..
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.85 In reply to 7954.84 
Thanks BurrMan,

I manage to create a account for Onshape, but ... I can't find how to install the desktop application :P (I'm in the middle of 3 tasks so I'm not fully concentrate :)).

But I have also seen that they are tons off 'onshape' related micro plugins/applications, ... looks like there is a .obj exporter where you have to paid everytime you export something Oo ... this micro transaction business model make me already sick .

I have quickly registered the cyborg stuff too, free for 1 month, then it's 60$ / month ...

At this point I'm still curious about the technology (I'm also dreaming for an full integrated SDS/Nurbs package), and they are some functions from this Cyborg plugin that looks very handy, but hell, what a mess to install.

But it's great to see how all those softwares evolve, I was pleased to see that Fusion360 is starting to interest game artist too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsdggH_hdns&list=PLHZ0GJEeDXk31enueZMg_QVZVyL26A7HX

even if after 3 years of requests, it's still not possible to create custom shortkeys in fusion ... .. .
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.86 In reply to 7954.85 
Sure PaQ,
The "storefront community" kindof turns me off too.

The power surfacing for onshape is no big install. Download it an install it from cyborge3d. Login to onshape with a browser and enable power surfacing to have access. (The upper right corner has your name with a dropdown for "manage account".... Choose the "application" tab and it should be under design category, or just type npower in search. Should be a little button that says "allow")

Now, Whenever you launch power surfacing, it asks to Log into your onshape account, where you pass your models back and forth from the power surfacing file menu...

Again, though, currently the bridge is down. But you can do some modeling in power surfacing to see if you like the interface. You'll be limited with no CAD export until the api issue is corrected with onshape and integrityware. Dave expects should be pretty quick now as onshape has some detailed info about it. I'll let you know when if you like.

""""""""""I have quickly registered the cyborg stuff too, free for 1 month, then it's 60$ / month ..."""""""""""

I just saw that in the onshape store area. May send an email off to dave to see if my previous thought about it was incorrect.... I don't think the free is limited to a month, I think its limited by the number of surfaces you can work with, so fairly simple models, with only 50 surfaces.

But I was hoping that the perpetual 1 time purchase was available with it, as I don't rent. so if it's only a rental product, it will be out for me... :(
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.87 In reply to 7954.86 
Hey PaQ,
Here's how you find the app and enable it in OnShape:

So, download and install from cyborg3d, then before you launch, enable in onshape. Then when you launch npower software, it prompts you to log into onshape account. (I show the menu to import and export everything from onshape, but this is the part waiting to be fixed right now.

My onshape app says "Connected to desktop app". A new install will have an "allow" button.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
From the video of PaQ above! ;)
Title can be trouble! :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.89 In reply to 7954.88 
Hey Frenchy,
The title is MOLD 3d... Not the black toxic stuff, but not MoI either !!! lol
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.90 In reply to 7954.89 
:)

Else

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.91 In reply to 7954.90 
Else????

Yeah, no thanks..... LMAO.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.92 In reply to 7954.91 
Thanks a lot for taking the time to do a video BurrMan !!!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.93 In reply to 7954.92 
Hi PaQ,
So Dave got his fix worked out with OnShape. So if you wanted to test, the back and forth will work... FYI.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.94 In reply to 7954.93 
Hi BurrMan,

Yes thanks !, I'm in the mailing list too now ;)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.95 In reply to 7954.13 
Look forward to V4 , we will be patient and as always , fully supportive of Sir Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.96 In reply to 7954.93 
Hi BurrMan,

So I manage to find some time to play with this cyborg module.
And again I'm baffled about the navigation form this tools ... seems even worse than fusion360 (to me).

I know I also need to adapt myself, but it's like forcing you to use your the left hand when you are right-handed.
Viewport navigation and elements manipulation is so important for polymodeling ... I don't know why it feels so wrong.
(Using the mousewheel as only way to zoom in/out is ... very annoying).

At least it's possible to custom shortkeys :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7954.97 In reply to 7954.96 
Hey PaQ,
It always becomes personal.... Flavors... I never liked chicken gizzards either..... I eat raw fish!

Was just pointing out integrityware's newest product. They are really pushing the subd/nurbs interaction.....

I've also been playing with max's box modeling tools. If he ever beefed up the edge splitting stuff, it could solve my needs right inside of MoI!!!!

Anyway, onward!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Message 7954.98 deleted 26 Oct 2016 by METINSEVEN

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-98