Looking for a compromise for a good workflow involving both Moi V3 and Rhino V5
All  1-4  5

Previous
7909.5 In reply to 7909.4 
Hi Michael,

re:
> Yup, you're right - sorry I got confused about this, I was looking at my most current 3DM code which behaves
> like I was describing but that's something I had changed just after the MoI 3.0 release.
> So the next version of MoI is set to behave like I was describing (MoI v4 will write a Rhino v5 3DM if it opened a v5 3DM)
> but MoI v3 does only write out Rhino v4 3DM files.
> ...
> ...
> Well, this is something that you can control - if you need to edit the style/layer list and need to preserve layer material transfer to and from Rhino,
> do not edit the styles in MoI, edit in Rhino and then you should be ok.
> ...
> ...
> Another way that could work for you would be to set up materials for rendering more at the end of your process
> after you've completed the models rather than doing it early on.
> ...
> ...
> Also another thing you can try is in Rhino delete objects (so you have no objects but maintain the layers, unlike File > New)
> and use File > Import or Copy/Paste to bring in any objects you edited in MoI rather than using File > Open in Rhino.

Thank's a lot for your technical and detailed help.
Much Appreciated.

Not a big problem, i hope, regarding the actual lack of MoiV3 to manage the .3dm V5 format.

It happens to me too, to get confused about the different versions of my source codes, when a customer ask me something....
And i guess that the core source code of Moi is a little bit huge....:)

I will follow all your suggestions and i'll make some tests as soon as possible.

Thanks again and nice day!

Marco.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-4  5