Hide command bar

Next
Hi,

I work with two monitors using one screen for the viewports and part of the other for the browser / menu palettes.
To gain more working space I would like to hide the horizontal commandbar on bottom of the viewports.

Is this possible ?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7907.2 In reply to 7907.1 
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7907.3 In reply to 7907.1 
Hi Tom, do you mean the bottom command bar that contains the File menu, Save, Undo, Redo buttons in it? Or do you mean the view controls toolbar at the bottom of the viewports that has the Area, Zoom, Pan, and Reset buttons in it?

For the view controls toolbar, there's a checkbox for turning those on or off under Options > View > "Show view controls" checkbox.

For the bottom command bar with the File menu, use the following script on a shortcut key:

script: /* Toggle command bar on/off */ var cb = moi.ui.getUIPanel( 'moi://ui/CommandBar.htm' ); var body = cb.document.body; body.style.display = (body.style.display == '' ? 'none' : '');

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thank you both !

I mean the bottom command bar that contains the File menu, Save, Undo, Redo buttons .

Filou > the fullscreen script unfortunately makes also the browser and menus disappear on the second monitor, what I dream of is
fullscreen on the left monitor while keeping the browser and menus on the right one for editing

Michael > The scripts erases the text and symbols from the bar, but it does not give more viewport space / real full screen as the
bar keeps in place - only without visible commands.
If it not possible to make the commandbar disapear while keeping browser and menus open - maybe it is possible to narrow the
commandbar by hiding only the text descritions line "file, save, ect) ?

EDITED: 31 Mar 2016 by SIRTOM

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7907.5 In reply to 7907.4 
Hi Tom,

> Michael > The scripts erases the text and symbols from the bar, but it does not give more
> viewport space / real full screen as the bar keeps in place - only without visible commands.

Are you using MoI version 2 or version 3? I assumed you were using version 3 and over here at least the script I posted makes the entire command bar hide as you want. For v2 it won't work quite right, the v2 UI is structured slightly differently and needs a slightly different script, here is one that should work for either v2 or v3:

script: /* Toggle command bar on/off v2 compatible */ var cb = moi.ui.getUIPanel( 'moi://ui/CommandBar.htm' ); var body = cb.document.body; body.style.display = (body.style.display == '' ? 'none' : ''); try { moi.ui.getUIPanel( 'moi://ui/CommandBarRight.htm' ).document.body.style.display = cb.document.body.style.display; } catch(e) {} moi.ui.mainWindow.contentChanged();

> maybe it is possible to narrow the
> commandbar by hiding only the text descritions line "file, save, ect) ?

It is possible to hide the text descriptions for File/Save/Undo/Redo/Delete, but I don't think it will save any space (maybe just a couple of pixels) since the view tabs and XYZ / Distance / Angle input controls will still be about the same height anyway.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Fantastic ! - one more little step towards the perfect workflow.

Still a novice as I only recently started working seriously with MOI (although owning it for a while now) I will switch
to V3 when I unvelied all the secrets of the already so powerful V2.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All