wish : freeze/unfreeze brep edges when meshing
All  1-4  5-10

Previous
Next
790.5 In reply to 790.4 
i guess it can be thought of as amplifying the subdivisions around the more extreme curvature. Is there any way to link a minimum edge length with a specified angle tolerance? Such as: if angle is greater than "?" degrees and edge length is less than "?" then attempt to subdivide further until condition is met? Or is this what's already going on in the mesher?

jonah
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
790.6 In reply to 790.5 
I believe what Jonah is asking for Michael is a way to boost the meshing accuracy (resolution) around curvy parts while holding the interiors at a lower density during export.

Similar to the display mesh innaccuracies around curvy parts requiring the display mesh angle to be lowered to preserve the display fidelity.

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
790.7 In reply to 790.5 
Hi Jona, currently it's kind of the reverse of that - you can set an edge length by "Divide larger than", which will then subdivide first by angle, and once angle is satisified it will look at the edge length and if it is larger than that value it will subdivide it.

So this increases subdivision for larger edges, it looks like you're talking here about increasing subdivisions for small edges into even smaller bits?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
790.8 In reply to 790.7 
"...it looks like you're talking here about increasing subdivisions for small edges into even smaller bits?..."

Exactly! :) Maybe i've been explaining it backwards. I guess what I'm ultimately looking for is a sub-setting of "Divide Larger than", where you can create a window to exclude those edges which exceed a certain length and also exclude those edges which are less than a certain length. so if i first meshed an object with a maximum edge length of "X", then it would give me an option to fuirther reduce any edge which is shorter than "X" until it reaches a second minimum length value. Although that sounds really complicated when explained like this. From a user's point of view, i would be very happy to just have a bias adjustment in the mesh dialog, and have Moi work it's magic behind the scenes... but if it's not possible then i understand...

Thanks,
jonah
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
790.9 In reply to 790.8 
I don't really know how I would implement a bias adjustment... But maybe something will come up after letting it percolate for a while.

In general the angular threshold is supposed to be doing the general overall goal that you're asking for - less polygons in flatter areas, and more polygons in more tightly curved areas. Can you please post your example object so I can see why it is not working well in that situation?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
790.10 In reply to 790.9 
Hi Michael. sorry for the delay. I have nothing critical at the moment. But when i have a good example, i will send to you. For now, it's more of a generalized wish...

jonah
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-4  5-10