Display issue

Next
I have just downloaded the trial. But on starting MOI 3d got a display error. Please see the attachment for more details. I have tried many things that has been given in the forum but with no result.

Please help.
Image Attachments:
Size: 272.9 KB, Downloaded: 67 times, Dimensions: 2624x900px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7877.2 In reply to 7877.1 
Hi Prasad,
Could you describe your computer, video "card", and video drivers please.
-Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7877.3 In reply to 7877.1 
Hi Prasad, that error means that when MoI asked the Windows operating system to start up the Direct3D system, it returned an error.

This could happen if you have disabled hardware acceleration for some reason, or also if you have an extremely old video card that does not support hardware accelerated 3D graphics.

Since it's related to your video card like Brian says above if you can post more information about what video card your machine has that might help to figure out what's wrong, or also you might try updating your video driver.

You also might try running the DXDiag.exe utility, to do that, open the start menu and type dxdiag.exe and push Enter, that will bring up the DirectX Diagnostic Tool and then switch to the "Display" tab and see if it reports any problems there.

If you have a very old graphics card it's possible that you may need to upgrade it before you'll be able to run MoI.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7877.4 In reply to 7877.3 
Thank you Michael for the answer.

I have discovered that my laptop has got an NVIDIA Optimus as graphics card. However for some reason the NVIDIA control panel does not open up. also the default intel card is set as the graphics card. While running an online utility it says hardware acceleration is not enabled and WEBGL is also not enabled. any idea how to fix this. I recently formatted my disk due to a malware attack.

Regards,

Kesav
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7877.5 In reply to 7877.4 
Hi Kesav, it sounds like something isn't right with your nVidia graphics drivers.

Laptops can sometimes have special drivers, your best bet is probably to go to your laptop manufacturer's web site and find their drivers or downloads section and download and install the nVidia graphics driver for your machine.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7877.6 In reply to 7877.4 
Hi Kesav,
Google of "switch laptop Intel video to nvidia optimus" brings up some links which may be helpful (?)

- B

EDITED: 7 Mar 2016 by BEMFARMER

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All