Moi can be works on Pocket PC?

Next
like this sort ?
With one view on the screen :)

---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
787.2 In reply to 787.1 
Hi Pilou, those PocketPCs need to have applications specially coded for them, so the current version of MoI will not work on them.

It will be pretty difficult to get MoI running well on one of those, MoI needs to do some pretty complex calculations and it depends on 3D graphics hardware to display its scenes. Those PocketPCs just are not designed to do more intensive processing like this.

But there is a different kind of small computer coming out these days, called an "UMPC" - Ultra Mobile PC. These are kind of like large PocketPCs, or small TabletPCs, but inside they function just like a regular PC and run a normal version of the Windows operating system instead of the specialized PocketPC operating system. So one of those UMPCs are more likely to work. But they still tend to be lacking in 3D graphics power right now though, so they are probably only suitable for less complex models.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
787.3 In reply to 787.2 
So maybe in 3 years :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
787.4 In reply to 787.2 
Well not to throw in a wrench, I was working at Nikon for 3 years developing a "NiCAD" package for their surveying department.

Granted, a 3rd party company had developed an AutoCAD compatible engine to run on the platform. We tried using that and ended up rolling our own CAD engine because it was taking them too long to iron out bugs and finish development.

Of course we're only talking 2D "DWG" drawings, but all the AutoCAD entities were there - actually now I'm wondering if they ever finished the product after I left? I need to peruse their website to see... :-p

So there are minimal CAD packages but yes, even if you could get a 3D engine on there, the minimal memory would limit you in a major way (not sure if sticking a 4Gig SD card in there would help; that's a hella lot of RAM but the speed accessing that memory would have to be evaluated.

I had to chuckle when I saw this request I have to admit!

-Will

PS - This appears to be that product, it had changed a bit since Nikon's survey dept. merged with Trimble Data Systems:
http://www.cadzone.com/pocketzone/Pocket_Zone.htm
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All