Technical Dashes Script

Next
Hi Moi'ers,

Is it possible to add technical dashes (3 types) by adding a script ?

I think it would be useful to make plans quickly :)
This can be a perfect complement for other scripts (dimensions, Hatch-it, Fatline).

Bear

EDITED: 28 Feb 2016 by BEAR17

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7866.2 In reply to 7866.1 
Hi Bear, well MoI does not currently have the concept of a "fill" to make a solid filled in shape, so it would be difficult to make something exactly like what you show there since you have filled shapes there.

It could be possible to do something for an unfilled outline though, a script for that would probably involve making several rectangles, then creating a line running down the middle of the rectangles, then using the Flow command to warp the rectangles from that base line onto the curve.

If you want to get started on creating a script like that, take a look at the rectangle commands for how they create rectangles and look at the line and flow commands for how to do the Flow part.

But the result will look different than what you show, it will be a bunch of rectangle outlines, not solid fills.

In the future I do want to add in support for line styles into MoI, it will involve a lot of work so I'm not sure exactly when it will happen.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7866.3 In reply to 7866.2 
Hi Michael ,

Thank you for your quick and clear answer.

I just float the idea. I do not know programming or coding so my help is very limited to start a new script on this subject.
I can continue to work manually to thicken my edges/lines, until Moi will be able to do it (management lines).

Bear
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7866.4 In reply to 7866.1 
Hi BEAR17,

I don't know if i understood well but if your goal is to quickly draw simple dashed lines,
you can use those very useful scripts written by Max Smirnov and MARTIN3D.
To be more precise, those are by Max : PatternSelection, _PointsOnCurve, FatLines,
and this is by MARTIN3D : HatchIt.

In the attached images you can see two examples of using those scripts.

You can find all those scripts in the thread http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7862.1 i wrote some days ago,
unzipping the archive indicated in the point "Step 5" of the instructions.

Hope this can help, have a nice day,

Marco.
Image Attachments:
Size: 200.5 KB, Downloaded: 73 times, Dimensions: 1887x940px
Size: 230.1 KB, Downloaded: 77 times, Dimensions: 1471x966px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged