what are the best settings in Moi3D & Cinema4D -> that Import/Export have the equal Size?
All  1-2  3-5

Previous
Next
Thank you, thats right and in OBJ there are also no informations about the world axis - position too ...

But I have the idea to use a simple global-BoundingBox - made in Moi3D - using the same Bounding Box - also for other 3D Tools, so I can fix position and scaling by snapping
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7865.4 In reply to 7865.3 
Hi Lordfox - did setting the scale factor export option in MoI not produce the proper result for you?

I would think that once you have that set up, it should produce both the right size and position for the geometry also.

There isn't any concept of a "axis local origin" spot in OBJ format though (nor in MoI either), so the object's local axis will probably just be at 0,0,0 - but the actual geometry like all the vertices and faces should be in the correct position.

If you want you can reposition the local axis points to go to the object's bounding box center, that's a command in Cinemea4D on the menu something like Structure > Axis > Center Axis To. Run that command in Cinema4D after you have done the import and have the imported objects selected.

See here for some more info on it: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7352.1

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
I go from MOI to Cinema 4D every day all you need is your units to match. Moi units in centimeter, Cinema units is centimeters, and when you import the .obj you need to choose centimeters in the import dialogue. You should also set .obj import scale in Cinema's preferences to centimeters.

-Shane

-Shane

rendering . animation . oddlyeven.com

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-5