Possible discounted price for other cad's howners ?

Next
Hi Michael,

just not to waste your time, i go straight to the point.

I'm a owner of a professional license of Rhino 3D V5 64bit and i must admit that it's is very, very, powerful,
honestly far beyond my modelling capabilities.

But my budged was rather limited at the time of purchase (1 year ago),
so i had to make a choice.

More tools, rendering and plugins, with Rhino, or more streamlined and intuitive and funny ways to work, with Moi ?

Hard choice...impossible to buy both (:

Anyway, now that i spent much time, till now, with a trial version (no expiration but save disabled) of Moi,
i appreciated the way it works and i think that i can use both products in a productive way (just for hobby, clearly).

Then my question is : is it possible to get a discounted price for other cad's howners ?

I hope it is.

Good evening.

Marco.

EDITED: 26 Feb 2016 by MKDM

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I can't speak for Michael, but why would it be? Neither McNeel (maker of Rhino) nor Triple Squid (Michael's company) benefit from you buying the other. Plus, even if it were the case, they'd have to somehow verify that you own the other one and are not just saying so.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
if it's for hobby and mechanical & design a cool solution is Moi + Fusion 360!
Fusion is free for student, enthousiast, hobbyist and even Startup! http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/try-buy
It has a conucopia number of functions! Render, simulation, TSPlines etc...And a little more easy than Rhino! :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7864.4 In reply to 7864.3 
I think MOI3D is fairly priced and as folks find out more and more about it and try it they see it's tremendous usefulness.
I purchased VIACAD sometime ago and when I found MOI I changing over to it, that was a no brainer because of how intuitive it is.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi everyone,

I agree the most part (not everything in truth) of your thoughts an suggestions i read, and I would like to know Michael's point of view too.

Anyway, i agree with you that Moi is a great software !!

I hope that Michael will reply to my question :)

Nice night to everyone.

Marco.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7864.6 In reply to 7864.1 
Hi Marco,

re:
> Then my question is : is it possible to get a discounted price for other cad's howners ?

I'm sorry but no I do not have any system set up for a "competitive discount" like that for owners of other programs.

I don't really plan on having discounts like that which would require some kind of "proof of purchase", because I don't have any type of sales staff that would handle looking over those things, so it's important to me to keep the order system to be simple and automated rather than needing to have things mailed back and forth before the purchase is complete. It's just too time consuming for me as a single person business to try and do that type of thing.

The only thing I've got set up like that is an educational discount which is available since the "proof of academic status" part of that is handled for me by a different company called Studica. If you are a student you can order the educational discount version of MoI from here: http://studica.com/moi3d .

I have focused on keeping the standard price of MoI to be low though, it's significantly less expensive than Rhino and so I guess you could say that the discount is already there in the regular price already.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7864.7 In reply to 7864.6 
Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your thorough reply, as usual.

I understand your point of view, and....pity...i'm not a student, but based on everything I've seen so far,
i can tell you that i want to plan a future purchase of the next V4 version of this great software,
or, at least, i hope i can do it.

I'll keep on reading this forum 'cause it's also like a cornucopia of plenty and useful information
for 3d nurbs modelling in general, that i can also try to do into Rhino.

Nice day and good job with your rewriting of the V4 version !

P.s. I'm glad to know that you are planning something to handle a sort of plugin galley :)

Marco.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All