Some questions !
All  1  2-7

Previous
Next
786.2 In reply to 786.1 
Hi Pilou,

> 1. Which tolerance are you using? Its the tolerance customizable?

The tolerance used is 0.001 units, it is not customizable.

> 2. Its possible to make solids?

Yes, surfaces can be joined along common edges and if all edges of an object are joined to another edge, you will have a "water tight" solid object. You can also use Edit/Separate to break a solid into individual surfaces, edit the surfaces, and then later on use Edit/Join to bring it back into a fully closed solid object again.

So in this sense MoI is what is called a "hybrid" modeler, it works with both surfaces and solids.

> 3. About the curves. Which degrees for the curves its possible to use?
> Is also possible to switch from a 4 degree curve to a 7 or 9 degree curve just typing the degree?

Curves and surfaces up to around degree 31 can be used by MoI. But MoI does not currently have any UI to change the degree of a curve. That's something that will likely be added in a future version.

> 4. About the Surfaces. Its possible to manipulate the surfaces to correct the desired shape?

Yes, it is possible to select a surface and use Edit / Show pts to turn on control points for the surface, then control points can be manipulated. But this type of manipulation is not really a big focus in the current version of MoI.

> 5. Its possible to make free form surfaces, i guess its possible, well if i
> want to make a surfaces and connect to another which tangential will be obtain?

You can use Construct / Blend to create a surface that will be tangent or curvature continuous between existing edges. But currenty MoI does not have a lot of controls for continuity in other situations, that's another area that will likely be enhanced in future versions.

> 6. Do you have a zebra shading to analyse the continuty of the surfaces?

Nope, not in MoI version 1.0.

MoI 1.0 is focused more on very fast and fluid creation of more simple objects.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
786.3 In reply to 786.2 
Thx transmited :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Nice questions, perfect answers, I didn't understand a thing :))
All I know, is that MoI is the fastest modeler I've ever seen and it is one of my best tools even though I don't need it all the time.

***There is always a better way to do things... Just find your Moment of Inspiration***

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
786.5 In reply to 786.4 
Hi JTB, those questions were focused on a lot of technical details about how NURBS function.

Other NURBS-based modeling software tends to get really caught up in all these technical details. I've tried pretty hard to make it possible to use MoI without needing a degree in advanced NURBS mathematics. :)

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
786.6 In reply to 786.5 
That's why I choose MoI!

***There is always a better way to do things... Just find your Moment of Inspiration***

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
786.7 In reply to 786.5 
Hi Michael,

"...Other NURBS-based modeling software tends to get really caught up in all these technical details. I've tried pretty hard to make it possible to use MoI without needing a degree in advanced NURBS mathematics. :)..."

I for one would like to Thank you for this outlook!

I got Rhino3 as part of a package deal when I bought my Roland MDX-15, 3 years ago.
For almost 2 years I'd open it & play around, but I just couldn't seem to grasp "how or what" to do in Rhino.
I bought & read "Inside Rhinocerous3" by Ron Cheng which helped a bit, but not enough to produce anything.
Yet I kept reading that Rhino was supposed to be "easy to learn & use".
For an absolute newbie to CAD & NURBS, I can honestly say that it wasn't for me??

Only when I started using MoI did everything begin to fall into place & I could actually produce usable models.
It was all so simple & the bonus to using MoI was that I could finally start to understand how to use Rhino.
And it's all Thanks to you making MoI simple to use & easy to understand.

regards Colin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-7