UnwrapCurves - Script problem

Next
Hi there,
it was like everytime - i had a problem - i searched the forum - and i found the solution.... (i love MOI and the forum :)

I need the exact circumference of this profile

and i found the UnwrapCurves script - i installed it but only got this bad error...

I was looking into the script but there is no variable "book"...

the only "book" i found is this:

Whats going on ...
Running moi3.1 on el capitan...

Ralf

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7810.2 In reply to 7810.1 
Hi r2d3 - from what I can see there it looks like you've somehow pasted a gigantic amount of text (something the contents of an HTML file) into the keyboard shortcut in the Options dialog.

You need to just have the text: UnwrapCurve in the "command" part of the shortcut key, you will need to erase whatever huge chunk of text that's currently in there (try clicking in there and using Cmd+A or Ctrl+A to select all and then delete) and just put UnwrapCurve in instead.

Maybe this will happen if you right-click on the UnwrapCurve.htm file and then try to right-click and use "Copy" from that... ? It's ending up copying some huge bookmark and not just the basic text name.

Try just typing it in directly: UnwrapCurve rather than using copy/paste.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7810.3 In reply to 7810.2 
Hi Michael,

found the problem... shortcut was okay but there was a copy-past failure indeed. First i copied the to files into a wrong folder and instead of pasting them into the commands folder i pasted two aliases...

Now it works!

THX a lot
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7810.4 In reply to 7810.3 
No problem r2d3, I'm glad you're all set up now.

Yes I just realized that probably the initial problem wasn't the keyboard shortcut setup, it was that a bookmark to the files got set in the commands folder rather than the real .htm file getting copied, so MoI was trying to run the contents of the bookmark file.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All