Need help with arraycurve factory
All  1-7  8-14

Previous
Next
7784.8 In reply to 7784.6 
Hi Karsten,

Since you have "NumItems" mode working, the script problem would seem to not be a problem with arraycurve, rather with other logic.

The "Distance" mode is very busy. Can it not be simplified until it works, then add the complications?
Say NVA has 5 distance items. I agree that arraycurve should be ran 5 times. You create Factory 5 times, and save them to an javascript array called curvePtFactories,
and then later do another loop. Why not incorporate this loop into the "Distance" arraycurve for loop, and run one factory at a time?

- Brian

Do you have SubD/Sweep Node examples?

In debug mode, I was wondering where this.setOutputData( 3, NVA ) shows up? On Screen? In Editor?
What Editor do you use?

EDITED: 20 Dec 2015 by BEMFARMER

Image Attachments:
Size: 20.9 KB, Downloaded: 48 times, Dimensions: 583x209px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7784.9 In reply to 7784.8 
Hello Brian,

Thank You for your reply. It was an act of desperation. I've tried a lot of different ways to do that, but till now, nothing works for me. That's why the file is so chaotic. At the moment, I think, my problem is to store/evaluate points from the factory output. I don't know - I'm very confused about JavaSript and the moi-api at the moment. Since yesterday I use netbeans. Before I used SciTE. I agree with you about the load of many factories, but for exact solution I don't know another way. At the moment I try to make an approximation to do that. One factory with lots of points - and find nearest for the parameter in the valuearray - that's leads me to the supposition, that the right access to the factory output is my problem, because I have the same problem.

-Karsten
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7784.10 In reply to 7784.9 
p.s.: The debug option is not controlled by the editor - I did it manually, to check the state of some inner stuff. For me it's a good way to find that later and erase it.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7784.11 In reply to 7784.9 
Hi Karsten, if you can simplify your script to just stuff relating to your array curve question, that would help me to give you some advice on what to do. I could not run your script you posted above because it triggers a script error as described above.

Right now it's hard for me to see what's wrong with your script since I can't run it over here.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello Michael, Hello Brian,

I've solved my problems and there were a lot:-( Bugs with naming, logic, wrong types, and so on .... Nevertheless the notices you have got - reduce complexity, test only the functionality has bring me back on my way.

Thanks for that.

I have attached a picture , which shows what the function should do earlier:-)

Have a nice day
Krsten

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7784.13 In reply to 7784.12 
Hi Karsten, that's great that you've got it figured out now!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Appetizing! :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options