Bug w/ Reversed Boolean Operations

Next
I'm using V3 and have suddenly found that Diff and Union are inverted: e.g. if I select two objects and try to do a difference, they are instead unioned, and vice versa. It started happening out of nowhere this morning and has become rather annoying. Restarting MoI hasn't resolved the issue.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7779.2 In reply to 7779.1 
This randomly fixed itself... not sure if there is anything I can do to record the error conditions if it happens again.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7779.3 In reply to 7779.1 
Hi FDP, it probably means the orientation of the object was not correct - that the geometry library had analyzed the object and got the decision wrong about which side was pointing to the outside of the closed volume... It could be due to a bug in the geometry library or problems with the object itself if you have any surfaces in it which fold back over top of themselves in a self-intersecting manner.

Anyway it's likely to be related to the geometry of the particular objects you were using at that moment.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7779.4 In reply to 7779.2 
""""""""""""""not sure if there is anything I can do to record the error conditions if it happens again.""""""""""""

Save a 3dm file with the objects/geometry that is failing and attach it here.....
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thanks Michael, as always, I appreciate your taking the time to answer my issue!

Unfortunately can't post any files from this project as it is confidential for a client. In years of using MoI this is the first time I have ever had this error happen, but if it ever crops up with a non-confidential project I will share.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All