Helical Handrail reverse engineering

Next
Hello to all

i want to reverse engeneering one "pseudo" helical handrail originally made in Creo.

i have the guide curve from relief (take-over) taken in yellow

in red i copy the external edge of handrail made in Creo (i have stl file i copy edge with rhino)

in grey i have the sweep surface made in moi

now,
there are some difference
in creo they have adjust surface with some g2-g3 constraints..

how can I do something like this in moi?

thanks
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7765.2 In reply to 7765.1 
Hi Guyver,

re:
> in creo they have adjust surface with some g2-g3 constraints..
>
> how can I do something like this in moi?

Moi does not currently have any tools for adjusting an exissting surface while maintaining G2 or G3 constraints. But you can create a blend surface where the blend surface has G2 continuity between the surfaces being blended.

But I'm not sure how G2 constraints applies to your particular case though - G2 constraints mean controlling how one surface is shaped at its end where it mates up smoothly with another surface. So it's implicit that these types of constraints deal with multiple surfaces, while you only seem to have one surface in there...

If you want to make a surface that matches both the yellow and red curves, you could try doing a 2-rail sweep instead of just a 1-rail sweep.

Select the line for the profile curve, then run Sweep, and then select both the yellow and red curves as the rails, that will generate a surface that goes through both of those curves. It may be helpful to put in a few more lines between the rails to more specifically control the shaping.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hello guyver,

Perhaps you could try using the curve drawing tools as well as Blend tools to draw a curve onto a plane and then use Flow to flow the curve onto the cylinder. To create an outer guide curve you could Offset the cylinder and then perform the same Flow operation on that surface with the existing curve. Then do a Sweep operation to get the handrail. With actual dimensions Hopefully the picture helps you visualize the workflow.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All