3dconnexion

Next
Somewhere along the line my 3dconnexion SpaceNavigator has stopped working with Moi V3 Mac (not Yosemite). I'm thinking that the drivers were updated and it broke it. The device works with other apps and with their test programs. Anything I can check?

Scott
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7676.2 In reply to 7676.1 
Hi Scott, re: Space Navigator not working anymore - I'll need to investigate that later tonight or tomorrow.

One thing you can check is if the driver folder structure has changed, MoI tries to load the driver from:

/Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.Framework/3DconnexionClient

There should be a symlink at that spot that then redirects to the driver.

Maybe in the newer driver it's missing that symlink? I will try installing the latest driver and test with that over here too.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7676.3 In reply to 7676.1 
Hi Scott, I tried to investigate this and saw that the latest driver from 3dconnexion is not working with MoI, but I don't know why - MoI seems to load the driver ok and calls the functions in it to set things up but the driver never gives MoI any device events. I see a couple of other developers mentioning similar problems a while ago in the 3dconnexion developer forum but no reply to them from 3dconnexion...

You might try an older version of the driver - on 10.8 for example when I used the 3DxWareMac driver version 10.1.2 that seemed to work ok for me, you can get the older drivers from the "archive" link on the 3dconnexion page. That might be worth a try.

I can try to ask for help on the 3dconnexion forum but since others have not received any reply there before I'm not sure that they will answer me either...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7676.4 In reply to 7676.3 
Thanks Michael. I had to go back to 10.1.2 as well to get it to work.

Scott
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All