Boolean Union not working on this model
 1-20  21-24

Previous
Next
7667.21 In reply to 7667.20 
Hi Stefan - I tried one version attached here with erasing the cutout by drawing the same kind of rectangle that you had done previously for the boolean intersection, then extruding it just like you had done in your steps (because boolean union does not auto extrude 2d profiles like the difference or intersection does), then doing boolean union and I seemed to get an ok part with the cutout entirely removed.

Are you trying to do something like only restore some upper portion of the cutout while leaving some of the inner structures on the inside bottom intact?

Anyway the attached file has the cutout removed, if that's not what you need I'll probably need some more information.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7667.22 In reply to 7667.21 
Thanks Michael,

I am trying to remove the cutout right until a certain height (until it meets the yellow faces). I had hoped there was another "trick" like selecting the inner faces of the cutout and offsetting them or something.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7667.23 In reply to 7667.22 
Hi Stefan, does the attached version have it set up how you need?

For this one I did the same process that I described earlier - drawing a rectangle just like in your previous video and extruding it down, but I stopped the extrusion at the top of the area you show above and then did the boolean union.

re:
> I had hoped there was another "trick" like selecting the inner faces of the cutout and offsetting them or something.

It's pretty unlikely that offsetting is going to be able to clean something like that up... The best way that I can think of for filling the area is to do a boolean union with a slightly larger box.

Please let me know if the attached version is still not what you're trying to get.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7667.24 In reply to 7667.23 
Yep, this works. Many thanks!
  Reply Reply More Options