Help with Scripts/Commands - Mac

Next
Hi,

I'd like to use some scripts in MoI but they won' work. I suspect there is inherently wrong with my approach since only inline scripts that are set in the shortcuts dialog work.
First of all, here are the two scripts (Nudge and Dimensions):

I have set up two exemplary commands for them (U and Up Arrow).

When I press the respective keys, the following errors appear:

Btw. what's up with the Nudge script? It includes a GetObjects.js file. Is this something provided by MoI (sounds like it) or do I have to add it to the commands/ folder too?

Thanks,
Stefan

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7665.2 In reply to 7665.1 
Re _Dimensions, d should be capitalized.

I cannot comment on use of Left Arrow or Right Arrow in (Mac) List View or App Switch.
Nor on location of the files.

- Brian

EDITED: 12 Oct 2015 by BEMFARMER

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7665.3 In reply to 7665.1 
Hi Stefan - it looks like you are placing the scripts into the wrong directory.

It looks like you have created a new "commands" folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Moi

MoI does not know anything about that new commands folder that you created there - you need to put the commands into MoI's main commands folder which you can find by right-clicking the MoI app icon and then from the menu choose "Show package contents", then inside there go to drive_c/moi/commands - that's where you'll find all the scripts for all of MoI's existing commands and that's also where you should put new commands so that MoI will be able to find them.

At some point in the future I do want to make it possible to place commands into a centralized place under ~/Library/Application Support/Moi like you tried to do, but that is not how it works currently.

> Btw. what's up with the Nudge script? It includes a GetObjects.js file. Is this something
> provided by MoI (sounds like it) or do I have to add it to the commands/ folder too?

You'll find GetObjects.js in that main commands folder.

Hope this helps,

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7665.4 In reply to 7665.3 
Alright, this makes sense. I placed the scripts there because I read about the commands folder. Guess that was only meant for the Windows folks. The regular mac convention would be to put it under ~/Library Application Support/Moi.

Michael, one more thing. Would you consider to add mail notifications to the forum? Even if I am subscribed to a thread - nothing happens. I would expect to be notified via email. Should it already work?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7665.5 In reply to 7665.4 
Hi Stefan,

re:
> Michael, one more thing. Would you consider to add mail notifications to the forum? Even if
> I am subscribed to a thread - nothing happens. I would expect to be notified via email. Should
> it already work?

There is a mechanism in the forum for that but it seems to be a bit buggy. Someday I'd like to look into fixing it up but it may be a while.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7665.6 In reply to 7665.5 
Timing!
I just got a mail for your actual reply :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All