Something to consider for v4
All  1-2  3-9

Previous
Next
Mark,

I run into this issue all the time, even this morning, a large part of my design was selected, I zoomed in on another part to check some details, some moments of inspiration later I detected an unused contour, deleted it, and then kept working. after half an hour I noticed the missing part, searched in my hidden objects, could not find it. Fortunately MoI has unlimited undo's, so I saved my work, it took me more than a minute to undo everything until the deleted work appeared again.

so yes, an option to deselect whatever is selected without holding the shift key would be nice.

wim
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7658.4 In reply to 7658.3 
That would be the esc key.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
No Burrman, that is not what I mean.

An option in the preferences to choose wether selecting an object deselects all other objects if no extra keys are pressed, or leave the behaviour as it is today.

the esc key deselects everything, just like clicking next to objects deselect it, but that is an action again. and remembering every time to click somewhere or press the esc key is tiresome for people with "Alzheimer Light" like myself ;-) since the behaviour in 99% of the other software is different.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7658.6 In reply to 7658.5 
Got it. For some reason i read yours as different from the first post. Just got a year older myself!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7658.7 In reply to 7658.1 
Hi Mark & Wim - when v4 betas are underway please remind me about this again at that time and I'll see about adding in an option for it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7658.8 In reply to 7658.7 
Thanks Michael

best wishes

Mark
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
It's funny because I just realize that I'm using my shift key for multi-selecting in MoI (for nothing) ... well at least when I'm just switching from an other 3d soft.
So strangely, I think I will appreciate that new option too ... even if it will break the ability to work with a single hand (very handy when eating something at the same time :))

I'm not really sure if it's the reason of user mistake. I often get this 'wtf' moment when I see something has been moved or deleted in a model, what even the software I use.
Grouping and locking mechanism is probably our best friend.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-9