New Jul-17-2007 beta available now
 1-20  21-40  41-50

Previous
Next
762.41 In reply to 762.40 
Hi Mpstech, I'm glad that you like MoI!

re: script errors - this is something that I'd like to get to the bottom of. If this wasn't an issue with the previous beta, then I must have made some change in the new beta that does not mesh well with the security policies.

It is probably easy to fix if I can figure out what specific thing is not going right. But it is difficult since I can't reproduce the problem over here. I'll need your help to test several different versions on your machine to try and narrow it down. This will probably be a fair bit of a back-and-forth process, can you please e-mail me at moi@moi3d.com and we can continue this over e-mail.

In the meantime you can still download the previous beta from here: http://moi3d.com/beta/moi_Jun-12-2007_setup.exe and install that to keep up and running right now.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
762.42 In reply to 762.38 
Hi Michael:

Thanks for their attention.

My insistence of receiving the installation cd to solve future problems that generate the internet connection because I have the suspicion that a virus causes me all these problems.

My personal experience indicates me that works at the present time in another pc without internet I make this way it with other programs and I don't have any problem.

At this moment work in administrator's session and MOI works perfectly
11:30 PM 20 july 2007
Best regards

Juan Galvan

EDITED: 20 Jul 2007 by JUANGALVAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
762.43 In reply to 762.42 
Hi Juan, are you running any anti-virus or anti-spyware type software on the machine that you are having the script error problem on?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
762.44 In reply to 762.43 
Hi Michael:

At the moment I execute the antivirus AVAST and I don't really possess big knowledge in security of the system. Can your to recommend a system of security better than AVAST?

Mainly that it doesn't consummate too many resources of the system.

One finishes suggestion to define if it is better format the hard disk because you remember that MOI works very well in user's secion.

Best regards

Juan Galvan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
762.45 In reply to 762.44 
Hi Juan, thanks. I just want to try that same Anti-Virus system over here and see if it possibly is interfering with MoI's operation.

I've been trying to do some research to find out what might cause your script errors. I found a couple of discussions about problems with permissions getting messed up in the system registry.

If this is the problem on your machine, it is possible to fix it up by following the procedure on this blog entry: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/09/04/739820.aspx, under the section "How to download and run SubInACL". That is a tool you can download and use with the script shown there to reset registry permissions.

I'm not sure if this is the cause in your case or not, but it is something that you could try that is easier than a full reformat.

You also might try creating a new limited user account and try with the new account. That may get you a fresh registry configuration and also might help.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
762.46 In reply to 762.44 
Hi Juan, Avast Pro edition has a "Script blocker" component - you might try disabling or pausing that and see if that makes any difference.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
762.47 In reply to 762.46 
Hi Michael.

Today I could check that only one user of the system has that writing problem all the other they work very well
My system antivirus is Avast Family Licence.

Best regards

Juan Galvan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Although I had only a few occasions to play with MoI recently I still enjoy it a lot !
I'll definitely be with you when V.1 will be released

Re : extrude planar surfaces along their normals. Would it be possible to have the same kind of effect with non-planar faces ?
See example in attachment

Greetings

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
762.49 In reply to 762.48 
Hi Schbeurd, long time since you've been over here!

re: non-planar faces - I'm a little bit worried about just trying to cook up some kind of average direction for non-planar faces. There may be situations where it causes unexpected results.

Here's an example:

I think it is probably expected in this case for extrude to go directly upwards as shown. But if I tried to take a general averaged normal direction for non-planar surfaces, that would change the default direction for this case to kind of shoot off at some semi-random slanted direction...

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
762.50 In reply to 762.49 
Hi Michael. I would most often perceive the average direction to be perp to the surface border (including trim boundaries). In program "R" i would find it by doing something like - dup edges, extract points, fit plane through points, select plane and then cplane to object, then extrude vertical to Cplane. Of course would be nice to do this automatically. The wavy face usually makes no difference to my perceived extrusion path.

jonah
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-50