Control Style applied by Fillet

Next
How do I control the style that gets applied to new surfaces created by Fillet when the fillet is formed between surfaces with different styles? The "Active Style" isn't applied. In the snapshot the fillet ends up blue when I would expect the Active Style of Green to be applied.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7553.2 In reply to 7553.1 
Hi Randy, this is going off of some foggy memory so I'm not entirely sure but if I remember right when there's a newly created face like a fillet surface, it will examine the neighboring faces and if they all have the same style the newly generated face will get that style as well.

If it's surrounded by all different styled faces then it will get the style of the parent brep object assigned to it. So that object probably had Style = Blue assigned to it sometime previously and that style remains as the style assigned to the parent container object.

Unfortunately I don't think there is a way currently to set the parent container object's style only without setting all of its children's styles as well.

I think it could be possible in v4 to change this behavior so that in this "surrounded by all different styles" case it would use the active style like you were expecting it to. Right now there isn't any way set up to do that though. During the v4 beta period if you remind me about this then I can change the behavior.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
7553.3 In reply to 7553.2 
Okay. Got it. Thanks for the explanation

-Randy