Hidden Lines on Unselected Objects

Next
I promise this is my last post today (I'm just on MoI roll)...
Is there a way to have the hidden lines show on an deselected object? I'm trying to align a part with the internal structure of another part. Right now I add a construction line to mark the interface but wish for a better way.

If that's not clear...

Here you can see that the part selected has an internal slot. The rail to the right is going to plug into that slot all the way until it stops (the construction line shown here is wrong BTW). So what I'll want to do it move the rail (the gray part) to the left until it meets the end of the slot. (too bad a locked object doesn't show it's hidden lines BTW)

Scott

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
7504.2 In reply to 7504.1 
Hi Scott - by default hidden lines are shown on all objects. But there is a setting you can change to only show them on selected objects like you show. It sounds like you have set that at some point, and now you need to go and unset that so you get back to the default behavior of showing them on everything.

The setting is under Options > View > "Hidden edges on selected only" checkbox.

This can also be toggled by a shortcut key using the following script for the "command" part of the shortcut key:
script: /* Toggle using hidden edge display for selected objects only */ moi.view.hiddenLinesSelectedOnly = !moi.view.hiddenLinesSelectedOnly;

Hope that does what you need!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All