History Enabled Curve Arrays

Next
Hi All,

I have a base curve that I have copied and enabled History. If I then place that curve into an array is it possible to get the history to carry forward from the orginal creation curve.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Alex.
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7478.2 In reply to 7478.1 
Hi Alex, currently it's not possible to turn on history for arrays - that's because the history mechanism attaches records on to each object that is generated and when the array tools created a large number of objects the history data ended up causing significant file size bloat. So for now to avoid that from happening all the array tools have history records suppressed for them.

You can get the result you want though by using the Transform > Rotate command to set up your copies rather than using Array. Use the "Make copies" option in Rotate, and the results from that should then work to have history updating turned on for them.

In the future I want to change how history works and instead of attaching records on to each generated object I want to instead keep a log of the sequence of actions that happened. When that happens it will then be more feasible to enable history for arrays.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7478.3 In reply to 7478.2 
thanks for letting me know the work around suggested will work for me know.

Alex.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hi Michael

In a similar vein , I use "array to curve" a lot and to arrange gemstones and setting beads to follow a path , it would fantastic to be able to enable history on them so if the path is changed they update position or if the size or position of the first or master object changes the offspring are updated .

could this be a temperory condition so after you move on to other parts of the drawing it is removed from the available history.

I realise history and undo gets pretty large and I often have to save my drawing and re open it to speed things back up.

Please add this to my wish list version 4 :)

cheers
shayne
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All