Moi export

Next
Hi Michael

I use Archicad & Moi, I noticed on the Graphisoft web site that Rhino can export to Archicad, do you think there would be a possibility of this in Moi ?

Thanks for your help

Great software by the way

Regards

David
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7466.2 In reply to 7466.1 
Hi David, I'm not at all familiar with Archicad myself. Also it takes a great deal of effort both in testing, studying, and development time to support new file formats, it tends to be a major undertaking. So the combination of not being familiar at all with it, with it also taking a lot of work, kind of makes it not a likely possibility to be implemented in MoI anytime soon, sorry.

It's quite possible that the Rhino export to Archicad is not something that's actually built directly into Rhino itself, but rather a plug-in that was developed by Archicad as a Rhino extension. Currently MoI is not really set up to do these types of file writing plug-ins but someday that might be a possibility.

Maybe you could try contacting Archicad and asking them to implement 3DM import built into Archicad rather than using a Rhino plug-in for their export. That would be more generally useful because if they could import 3DM files they would be compatible with any program that generated them, while a Rhino plug-in is limited to only run with Rhino alone.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7466.3 In reply to 7466.2 
Hi Michael

Thanks for the fast response, I kind of suspected that would be the case it seems as if it was Graphisoft who developed the plugin as you download the Rhino exporter & the Archicad importer from Graphisoft's web site.

I think that it is always best to ask tho.

Cheers

Regards
David
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Captain here. Actually it's a plug-in for Rhino that allows to export 3dm to GDL thus allowing the import in Archicad. Objects imported this way can make Archicad kind of sluggish, because being a polygonal software it has to do some process to hide a lot of edges and show a clean surface. The plugin was developed by Nikken Sekkei, a Japanese company where like 1000 architects work.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7466.5 In reply to 7466.4 
Hi wastzzz

Very interesting, thanks for that.

Cheers