MAC MOI doesn't export/save STL/OBJ files

Next
Hi,

Recently bought MOI (v10.9.5) and now it's time to serious.

Trouble is that the Mac version of MOI doesn't save STL files. It goes through the motions, offers STL as a supported file type, but when you save, nothing happens, no error, no saved files.

I would hope that I'm doing something wrong, but when you've created a 3D object you'd like to 3D print, being able to save the outcome is kind of desirable.

Is there any magic to get the file save to work?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7461.2 In reply to 7461.1 
Hi uli,

did you use the SAVE AS or the EXPORT command? EXPORT needs something to be selected ...

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7461.3 In reply to 7461.1 
Hi uli - is it possible that you have a file composed only of wireframe curve objects like only lines and circles and not any surfaces or solids?

If so then that would result in the behavior you are describing - both STL and OBJ formats are polygon mesh formats and in order to generate polygon mesh data you have to have surface or solid objects, not just wireframe curve objects.

If you have drawn some curves, you need to construct some solids from them first before you'll be able to generate an STL file.

If that's not it could you please save your model file that you are having problems with to 3DM format and post it here or e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com so I can get a better idea of what you might be running into?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7461.4 In reply to 7461.3 
The other thing that's caught me is my workflow of using a right click as a "done" in many of the commands... While adjusting in the export mesh dialogue, I can use that thinking "got it", but it exits the export as a cancel......

2 cents...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All