FBX export: automated export of all styles as separate files

Next
Hi all,

Been searching for an answer but could not find one;

Is it possible to 'script?' export each style as a separate fbx file. (or maybe add an option on export to do so in a next version :-)
I find FBX to be the safest and best working export to 3ds max (2014) but would love to be able to export all styles to separate files in one go.
Each file would than have a corresponding style name as file name.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Tnx, Arjan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7451.2 In reply to 7451.1 
Hi Arjan, it's probably possible to script that but it will take some time to develop the script - what is it that you're trying to gain by making a lot of separate files?

Maybe there is some already existing way you could separate objects by materials inside of 3DS Max after you have done the import.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7451.3 In reply to 7451.2 
Hi Michael,

My goal indeed is to have my Moi styles as separately selectable objects in 3ds max. Either trough color, naming or layers

Currently when I export from Moi to FBX and import this FBX into 3ds Max all objects import to the active layer in max and all get assigned the same default material.
Object names default to 'obj+nr'.

So basically all styles/color/naming info from Moi is lost in the export? import? process.

Having a separate file per style would give me the oppertunity to import, bulkrename and assign to a dedicated layer.

Maybe it is in the export that the structure is lost. Or maybe it is in the import in Max. Since I am using Moi on a daily bases alongside 3ds Max I would be willing to pay for a script/solution:-)

Thnx! Arjan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All