export obj

Next
hi!!! I use until now rhino, but I have a precedent version of MOI, and right now, I've downloaded the last version in trial... my question: when exporting from rhino, the objects arrive in my render software (carrara or cine4d) correlated, and in good place... from Moi, they arrive correlated, of course, but at 90 degrees... How to get the same "landing" that rhino?? and also, what is the better choice, ngons or quads? I have complicated round ribbons, and they are a lot of problems, although the export from Moi is far better than from rhino!... thank you for help!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7444.2 In reply to 7444.1 
Hello Marcel ! ;)
Alors on y revient ? :) Il est temps! :)

Maybe for complex objects triangles will me more adapted and more generic!
But Michael will have a more explicative answser than me! :)

For the 90° there is a dialog box Inside Options (bottom screen) Options / Import - Export OBJ / Orientation

PS Une petite image histoire de nous en mettre plein les mirettes et nous faire rêver dans ce monde de brutes! ;)

EDITED: 12 Jun 2015 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7444.3 In reply to 7444.2 
bonjour!! je vois que tu es toujours au poste, sur ces softs moins ... connus!! et oui, certaines tendances du soft m'éloignent un peu de rhino... cela dit, il faudrait que j'upgrade sur la derniere version de MOI...

( ps: ben je n'ai pas d'images faites avec moi, pour l'instant!)

EDITED: 12 Jun 2015 by CELMAR

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7444.4 In reply to 7444.3 
Même sans moi! ;)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
another problem: once the objects have been exported, the "volume", in n-gons, are handled without problems by uv mapper, to create quick uv map... But the cutted planes, exported in n gons, are impossible to read by UV Mapper.. It's necessary to export in quads and triangles, to get a planar uv map... But the export in n-gons is better to keep soft rounded shapes... any solution???
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7444.6 In reply to 7444.5 
Hi marcel,

> But the cutted planes, exported in n gons, are impossible to read by UV Mapper.. It's necessary
> to export in quads and triangles, to get a planar uv map... But the export in n-gons is better to
> keep soft rounded shapes... any solution???

Are you using the UV Mapper utility from here? : http://www.uvmapper.com/

If it doesn't support N-gons then I guess you can't use n-gons but you could ask the UV Mapper developer if they plan to support n-gons in the future or if they possibly support them in the "Pro" version of that software.

Cinema4D probably has its own UV unwrapping and assignment tools that you could use instead.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All