Tube fillet need help
All  1-6  7-10

Previous
Next
7424.7 In reply to 7424.6 
rotate your cylinder object 90 or 180 degrees in the back view before doing your work.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thank you very much, I will try to follow your great tips!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7424.9 In reply to 7424.1 
Hi krass - I'm not entirely sure but I think that the problem might be a very slight (like maybe just 1 or 2 degrees) tangent difference between some of the large pieces. Even just a slightly sharp area means that fillets do not naturally have their ends aligned. When I do surface/surface filleting on those the fillet ends are just slightly off from each other and that usually should only happen on slightly creased things.

Either that or maybe some bug in filleting related to handling fillets that cross over the seam edge of a closed surface.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7424.10 In reply to 7424.8 
Seems to be something going wrong with the fillet crossing over the closed surface seams.

I've attached a version here with those edges filleted at 0.5mm , I rotated the main tube 180 degrees in the Top view around its center point, to move the seam edge off to the other side where it does not run right through a small tube. After that I was able to make the fillets.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-6  7-10