Tube fillet need help
All  1-4  5-10

Previous
Next
Dear Frenchy Pilou!
Of course, I KNOW I need to combine 2 of the object before doing fillet.
The file I have deliberately left them separate.

Dear Michael, I do exactly as you - but it turns out like the picture ...
One of the small pipe was really not the solid.
Apparently accidentally left after my unsuccessful experiments
Image Attachments:
Size: 333.1 KB, Downloaded: 61 times, Dimensions: 828x1388px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7424.6 In reply to 7424.5 
Hi krass,

> Dear Michael, I do exactly as you - but it turns out like the picture ...

That one you're doing is a more complex one since the fillet needs to cross over several different adjacent surfaces instead of all being contained in one single surface. That means there are several fillet surfaces that will be created, not just one like the other spots.

There also seems to be a little bit less space on that one, 0.6mm just barely does not seem to fit.

A 0.5 radius looks like it will fit but it seems to get confused and still only build the big portion - this will probably need some low level surface/surface fillets to finish it up since the edge filleting is having a problem. Surface/surface filleting is when you have 2 separate surfaces and you select those 2 surfaces (not edges), and then run fillet, it can work in situations where the regular edge based filleter gets confused for some reason. I guess it's probably confused in this case with something about the seam edges.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7424.7 In reply to 7424.6 
rotate your cylinder object 90 or 180 degrees in the back view before doing your work.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thank you very much, I will try to follow your great tips!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7424.9 In reply to 7424.1 
Hi krass - I'm not entirely sure but I think that the problem might be a very slight (like maybe just 1 or 2 degrees) tangent difference between some of the large pieces. Even just a slightly sharp area means that fillets do not naturally have their ends aligned. When I do surface/surface filleting on those the fillet ends are just slightly off from each other and that usually should only happen on slightly creased things.

Either that or maybe some bug in filleting related to handling fillets that cross over the seam edge of a closed surface.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7424.10 In reply to 7424.8 
Seems to be something going wrong with the fillet crossing over the closed surface seams.

I've attached a version here with those edges filleted at 0.5mm , I rotated the main tube 180 degrees in the Top view around its center point, to move the seam edge off to the other side where it does not run right through a small tube. After that I was able to make the fillets.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-4  5-10