Dual Monitors
All  1-8  9-17

Previous
Next
7394.9 In reply to 7394.7 
Hi Michael,

It works for me, thank you so much..

Is it also possible to make the "context area/command option area" floating automatically, when we used one command in Fullscreen mode?

- Bima
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7394.10 In reply to 7394.9 
Hi Bima,

> Is it also possible to make the "context area/command option area" floating
> automatically, when we used one command in Fullscreen mode?

Sort of, but it's kind of finicky because you would have to disable the regular one since you can't have 2 context areas existing simultaneously and also you would have to remember to show the floating one before running a command because commands expect to access the context area to read their controls and if it does not exist you'll get script errors.

But if you want to experiment with it, you would disable the regular one by opening up ui\SidePane.htm and removing or commenting out line #60 which says:

<moi:SidePaneContextArea style="display:block;">

That's what sets up the regular context area.

With it removed you'll get a script error at startup, to remove that some part of SidePaneTabs.js needs to also be edited, but I think you can just dismiss that one and not worry about it, then to make a floating context area, set this on a shortcut key:

script: /* Open scene browser dialog */ moi.ui.createDialog( 'SidePaneContextArea.htm', 'resizeable,defaultWidth:120,defaultHeight:220', moi.ui.mainWindow );

You will need to open the floating one before starting a command or the command will likely throw a script error and fail. But when it's open you should see the little gray line expand and the command options will fill in there and the options will all be active.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7394.11 In reply to 7394.10 
Hi Michael,

> ... then to make a floating context area, set this on a shortcut key:
> script: /* Open scene browser dialog */ moi.ui.createDialog( 'SidePaneContextArea.htm', 'resizeable,defaultWidth:120,defaultHeight:220', moi.ui.mainWindow );

Yes it is very nice too, thanks. However, can we make the context area appear automatically when we hit the command and close automatically when we're done with the command? So we don't use a shortcut key.

It will be more cleaner for the UI.

- Bima
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7394.12 In reply to 7394.11 
Hi Bima,

> However, can we make the context area appear automatically when we hit the command and
> close automatically when we're done with the command? So we don't use a shortcut key.

Sorry there isn't any easy way to set it up like that because there isn't any way set up for a script to receive a notification that a command is starting or ending.

I would recommend just using the shortcut key once at the start of your program session and then leave the floating context area open after that and not close it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7394.13 In reply to 7394.12 
Hi Michael,

> I would recommend just using the shortcut key once at the start of your program session and then leave the floating context area open after that and not close it.

Okay then.. It would be enough and very nice to me. Thank you very much for your help.

- Bima
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7394.14 In reply to 7394.7 
Hi Michael,

I have implemented the separable browser pane as described in this post and it works well for me. One thing that I find frustrating is that if I press the esc key while the browser window has focus it closes it. Is there some way to make the separate browser window persist through an escape key stroke event?

BTW: I'm not sure why I press the escape key as often as I do, I think it may be some sort of subconscious OCD behaviour which I should look to address separately.

Thanks

Dan.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7394.15 In reply to 7394.14 
Michael,

I did a little research and think maybe this code snippet will help but I don't know where to place it.

var myWindow = window.open();

myWindow.onkeydown = function(e){
if(e.keyCode === 27){
e.preventDefault();
}
};
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7394.16 In reply to 7394.14 
Hi Dan, unfortunately I don't think it's possible currently to disable the escape key closing a dialog that has keyboard focus.

The escape key handling happens at a low level in MoI's UI code, so it's not really feasible for a script to try and intercept it.

Once the MoI v4 beta starts up, if you mention this again at that time I could make the keyboard handler look for some property on the dialog and not close it by escape in that case.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7394.17 In reply to 7394.16 
Thanks Michael,

I'll keep an eye out for the v4 beta release.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-8  9-17