How to set PDF page size and orientation

Next
Maybe it's right there in front of me but I don't see it. Is there a way to set page size and orientation? I alway get a vertical 8.5x11 page when exporting to PDF. Not exactly ideal for showing a horizontal design layout. Typically, on the Mac, this could be done through the page setup menu item (not available in MOI) or the print dialog (also not available), or in an application's page or PDF export settings. I know MOI is not a page based application but it would be helpful to be able to at least match a view port.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7369.2 In reply to 7369.1 
Hi Terry sorry currently there is no way set up for adjusting the PDF export's page size or orientation. The PDF export is a pretty new feature and the focus initially has been just on getting the vector results. You will need to open the PDF in some other 2D drawing application to change those page properties right now.

I do want to make it possible to change those for MoI's output, hopefully that will happen for MoI v4.

It is possible to edit the page size in a text editor, this previous post describes how to do that:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6522.4

If you don't have any 2D drawing editor for editing the PDF you could also use the command-line program mentioned here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6522.5

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7369.3 In reply to 7369.2 
Thanks Michael. It's not a huge deal, more of a convenience. Most of the time I would export to Illustrator anyway. I would rather see dimensioning. )

Terry
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7369.4 In reply to 7369.3 
>> I would rather see dimensioning. )

See the fabulous free Designspark Mechanical for that!
Export from Moi in skp et voilĂ  !;) (see message 18 & principally 23 !!! Take this old version for more 3D functions)
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6186.1
And advantage you will resolve some fillets who resist in Moi! ;)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7369.5 In reply to 7369.4 
Well, not exactly free unless it comes with a Window box. And quite frankly I would rather not add yet another software program into my workflow (already using 11 plus just for graphics). The other reason I'd like to see dimensioning in MOI is that, based on how development has gone to this point, it would probably be implemented very well. Enough whining. Thanks for the suggestion though Frenchy.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All