Previous
Next
7366.10 In reply to 7366.9 
Spiegazioni sono perfetti !
Done! ;)
http://moiscript.weebly.com/avion.html
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks for all the help!!!

The P-38 Lightning videos are going to help out a LOT!!! GRAZIE MILLE MAURO!!!

i will post the progress...and/or other problems/mistakes i make :) ...since everyone is so helpful here (which is very refreshing)...reminds me of the zbrushcentral forums.

thanks again...michael, frenchy (big fan), kevjon (thanks!), and mauro!

eventually i'm hoping to change my username here :)...you gotta start somewhere right?

~ Noob
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Ok, so its been a few days and i've run into some issues with this fuselage. i ended up cleaning up the points on the rails and profiles to make the geometry lighter...and i'm pretty happy with the results....except for the part on the top of the nose. i've re-made this quite a few times and tried to refine the profiles and i'm not really sure why it seems to be bulging when it should be a linear arc towards the point of the nose and roof.

is there a way to fix this after the surface has been generated? (within MOI) or some other technique to generate the fuselage w/out the bumps?

i really didn't notice it until i started to try to cut things out of the fuselage...so i started over...from the base network and the bulge is there as well..so i don't think it was the cuts.

thanks for all the help!

-noob

here are some screenshots and keyshot renders to show what i'm talking about (different iterations)

EDITED: 2 May 2015 by NOOB

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I opened up the file in Rhino (mac) just to see. (i don't really know how to use rhino.). ignore the wing :)

it looks like the geometry is bunching up in those areas. any ideas?

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7366.14 In reply to 7366.12 
Hi Noob,

> is there a way to fix this after the surface has been generated? (within MOI) or some
> other technique to generate the fuselage w/out the bumps?

It's very difficult to give any good advice just looking at screenshots, it's a lot better to post a 3DM model file with the actual geometry in it.

It tends to be difficult to alter things like this after the surface has been generated, usually it's better to address such things early on in the surface creation process.

For a more relaxed surface you might try using Loft with the Loft style = "Loose" option, that tends to make a relaxed surface.

The other thing that would help is to avoid having profile curves that have harsh transitions in them like totally straight line segments switching into suddenly curved portions. Later on when things try to fit a smooth surface to something like that it will have difficulty making a smooth transition from totally flat to suddenly curved. If your profiles were made up of more gradually changing curves rather than lines and arcs that would probably help too.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hey everyone,

I wanted to post some keyshot renders of my progress on the v-twin plane...there are a lot of errors in this that i need to fix, but this is what i have so far.

Michael, I decided to just go with what i started because I didn't have enough time to figure out a better way to do the fuselage...or at least a better way to get some cleaner geometry. I really appreciate the help and advice! Gotta lot to learn definitely.

-noob

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7366.16 In reply to 7366.15 
Hi noob, it's coming along well!

- Michael