2 suggest

Next
Hello friends. I tried Moi. It is great program. I like it. I use moi with blender.

I wonder that is moi free forever? I wish moi has got gpl lisance.

I have got 2 suggest about moi:
1. Moi has got hide button. Programmer can add "hide unselect" and "unhide all" buttons.
2. Moi has got "layer" for entity.

Thank to nice people.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
736.2 In reply to 736.1 
Hi Musty,

>>1. Moi has got hide button. Programmer can add "hide unselect" [...]

Do you mean the command for hiding all unselected objects?
You can set a shortcut in the Option dialog window, e.g.

code:
S     script:moi.geometryDatabase.invertSelection();moi.geometryDatabase.hide();

>>[...] and "unhide all" buttons.

When you want to show all hidden objects, just click on the "Hide" button twice.

Petr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
736.3 In reply to 736.1 
Hi Musty, I'm glad that you like MoI!

> I wonder that is moi free forever? I wish moi has got gpl lisance.

No, I'm sorry MoI won't be free forever, only the beta version is free and that will expire and stop working at a certain date.

I wish I could offer a free version of MoI forever but unfortunately that wouldn't pay the bills too well...

But the good news is that the 1.0 version will be far less expensive than other modern CAD programs.

> 1. Moi has got hide button. Programmer can add "hide unselect" and "unhide all" buttons.
> 2. Moi has got "layer" for entity

Petr answered your #1 above, let me know if you have any more questions.

re: #2 - this is definitely a big missing area for MoI currently. MoI version 1.0 won't have anything like layers for organizing objects, but some kind of scene management tools will be definitely be a focus for version 2.0.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael it would be nice if the Hide button could be moved to the Select Tab. I find myself selecting items, then desiring to hide everything else to work on it. So it's select, invert selection, back to the edit tab, then hide.

Another possibility would be a button to 'Hide Unselected'.

I also find myself toggling through the Hide states quite a bit. One click hides some stuff, a second click reverses that state (hidden objects are shown, show objects are hidden). Another click shows everything.

How about a Show All button. I know you don't want the Interface getting cluttered. Perhaps a Modifier? Hold Alt and click Hide to Hide Unselected, hold Control and click Hide to Show All? Hide by itself hides the selected item and works as it does now?

Just some thoughts.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
736.5 In reply to 736.4 
Hi Kurt, yeah I struggled quite a bit trying to figure out what to do with hide.

Just like you mentioned, the need to keep things uncluttered is a high priority, that's why I hesitate to add a bunch more buttons in right now.

In the future I would eventually like to make it possible to more easily edit the UI to your own preferences, but it will be quite a while before I'll be able to make that happen. In the meantime it is actually possible to edit the UI by editing the .htm files that define the UI in a text editor like notepad. If you'd like I can tell you how to do that in some detail so that you can move buttons around where you like right now. But it's kind of inconvenient because you'll have to repeat the process with each new release.

> I find myself selecting items, then desiring to hide everything else to work on it. So it's
> select, invert selection, back to the edit tab, then hide.

I think that your best bet for speeding this up would be to make a keyboard shortcut that would basically be a macro that did all of these steps for you with just one key press.

Petr actually showed the script macro for this above in this thread, it's this:

script:moi.geometryDatabase.invertSelection();moi.geometryDatabase.hide();

If you go to Options / Shortcut keys, you can push the "Add" button there which will insert a new blank shortcut key. Click in the "Key" column and add the key you want to use to activate it, like "H" for example. Then click in the "Command" column and paste in the script line above.

Now when you want to hide everything else except for the current selection, just push "H" and it will be all done for you, no need to switch between tabs.

> How about a Show All button.

This is actually built into the regular Hide button already - just push it twice and that will do a "Show All".

On the first click, if nothing is selected then it will temporarily display all the hidden items so you can show just a subset of them. But if you click on the button a second time (or also hit "done" without selecting anything), then everything will be shown.

I know this system makes hide/show somewhat more complex, but it puts a lot of functionality inside of just one button, these are the kind of compromises that I have to make to keep the UI clean and streamlined overall.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
736.6 In reply to 736.4 
One other note on macro scripts - Petr has collected a bunch of different useful scripts that can be attached to shortcut keys here: http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All