Error message

Next
What does this mean and how would I get beyond it while attempting to add commands in Moi 3?
Image Attachments:
Size: 28.5 KB, Downloaded: 35 times, Dimensions: 354x198px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7354.2 In reply to 7354.1 
Hi Mike, if the RingCircle command is installed and you're getting that, it could mean you are setting up a shortcut key and in the shortcut key command you have put in something like:

script: RingCircle

When what you need to put in is just plain "RingCircle" without any script: in the front of it, like this:

RingCircle

When you put in something prefixed by "script:", it's only for a chunk of script program code that will be right there in the shortcut key definition, and the script interpreter will try to run the text you have there as script code. When you have a command you want to launch , you instead want to leave off the "script:" prefix and just have the plain command name there and when MoI sees that it will look up the script file for that command in the /commands folder and then load it and run it.

So anyway that's one possibility. The other possibility is if you didn't get the files for the plug-in copied in to the right place - if MoI can't find a file of that name in the commands folder it will attempt to execute whatever you've got in there as direct script code as well and you'd also end up with the same error message you show.

To install the plug-in command, you'll need to unzip the files (there will often be 2 files, like for RingCircle there will be a RingCircle.js and a RingCirlce.htm file), then copy both those files into the commands folder. On a Mac to get to the commands folder right-click on the app icon and choose "Show package contents", then inside there go to drive_c/moi/commands - that's the place you need to copy the files. If you did not get the file unzipped or copied the files to some other location that would also cause the type of problem you are describing.

Hope this helps!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7354.3 In reply to 7354.2 
I get this error message.

When I click ok I this box.
Image Attachments:
Size: 24.6 KB, Downloaded: 3 times, Dimensions: 177x218px
Size: 47.1 KB, Downloaded: 7 times, Dimensions: 410x333px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7354.4 In reply to 7354.3 
Hi Mike, I think that one means you are using an old version that only worked on MoI v2 or earlier. Check here for some links to updated versions which should work with v3 now:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4933.2

The underlying UI engine changed from MoI v2 to v3 - most things still work the same but that particular script happened to originally use some functions that were specific to the Internet Explorer engine and needed a slight update to work with the new UI engine in MoI v3.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All