Shaded viewport
All  1  2-6

Previous
Next
735.2 In reply to 735.1 
Hi Nicola, sorry there isn't any way to set up viewports differently like that. I'd like to try something like that in the future but for version 1.0 it won't be possible.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
735.3 In reply to 735.1 
Hi Nicola, one other thing I wanted to mention is that if you have an older computer, you can often times upgrade it to perform quite significantly better with only a small cost.

One big factor for display is your computer's video card. If you have a video card that's more than about 5 years old, they just are not very good. Newer ones are anywhere from like 20 to 100 times faster, so it can make a very big difference in the display speed.

MoI is actually designed so that it doesn't really need a fancy video card to work well, just one that is kind of reasonably modern (like less than 5 years old is a pretty good mark).

For example here is one that you can buy online in the US that is only $30, but should run MoI actually quite well: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127181

That's probably the single biggest impact upgrade. The other upgrade that is worthwhile is to increase your system memory (RAM). Many older machines only have 256 Mb or so of system memory, and for CAD work it can get filled up pretty easily. If you can increase the older machine's memory to have at least 512 Mb (or even more if possible), that can also make a pretty big difference.

A memory upgrade for an older machine is also not very expensive, you can get a 256Mb module for just around $30. You have to be a bit careful to get the right kind for your system though.

So with a budget of around $100 you can get a new graphics card + 2 256 Mb modules for 512 Mb of memory, and that will really "juice up" the performance of an older machine by a lot.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Message 735.4 deleted 6 Jul 2007 by CNICOLAPC

Previous
Next
735.5 In reply to 735.3 
Hi, Michael Thanks,
but my recent computer is a pentium Dual Core and the card is enough powerful. I have noticed a slowing down while job with the object of which you I send one screenshoot.
Bye
and good week end
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
735.6 In reply to 735.5 
Hi Nicola - there are a couple of things you can try.

One is to go to Options / View and set Mesh angle to a higher number, like 20 or 30. This will cause the shaded display of surfaces to use fewer polygons. This means they will look somewhat more rough on the screen (more jagged) but it helps to speed up the display since fewer polygons are being displayed.

The other thing on that same Options / View page is you can turn off hidden-line curves and edges, those can also slow things down a bit.

You might want to only loosen these settings when you are working on the full scene, and then switch back to the defaults when working on a smaller set of objects, because both a smoother display and the hidden-line edges are kind of useful to have on if possible.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-6