Exporting to PDF
All  1-5  6-8

Previous
Next
7324.6 In reply to 7324.5 
Hi Michael,

Thanks, but I seem to be missing those PDF export UI options.

Here's all I see after clicking export, selecting *.pdf and entering the file name to save as:

Just to be sure I'm looking in the right place: I don't see any PDF export options under the Options > Import/Export tab. The screen captures you posted aren't from that location are they?

Cheers,
Hamish
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7324.7 In reply to 7324.6 
Hi Hamish,

> The screen captures you posted aren't from that location are they?

Nope, they're just from the regular dialog that pops up on save.

But the options that I showed before will only be displayed if you are doing a hidden line drawing generation by exporting solids and surfaces as part of the PDF export, if you are exporting only wireframe curves alone those options won't show up.

There is not currently any way to modify the line thickness for a wireframe curve export, that's set to only use a width of 1.0, with colors and layers coming from style assignments.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7324.8 In reply to 7324.7 
Hi Michael,

Thanks! That explains everything :)

In case anyone is interested, here's a work-around to 'Export Selected' or 'Save As' wireframe curve objects with any desired line width to PDF:

- Create a single small planar object anywhere in the drawing - even a 0.0001 x 0.0001 mm square seems to work.
- Either initiate 'Save As' command or select the planar object and desired wireframe curve(s) and initiate the export process.
- VoilĂ ! - the otherwise missing PDF export options are now available.
- Select 'Generate outlines' (only) and set the desired line width using: 'Line style options' > 'Visible lines': Width, (NOT 'Line style options' > 'Outlines').

Inspecting the generated PDF using Nitro PDF, I find the small planar object never gets exported.

- Hamish

EDITED To highlight use of the 'File > Save As' command.

EDITED: 11 Feb 2016 by HAIRYKIWI

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-5  6-8