Problem with file name and opening a file

Next
Okay, this is weird. Earlier today, I saved the file I was working on (attached), named, "New Funnel in MOI." I'm finally almost done with the Sims-class funnel that's been occupying my attention for awhile now. Okay, here's the weirdness. The file will open, but there's nothing on the MOI screen. After right clicking the file and inspecting it, the file name appears to be, "New Funnel in MOI.3dm.3dm." Like I said, weird - that's never happened before. There are two .3dms in there, and I'm surmising that is the issue. I've tried renaming the file to eliminate the extension, but still no go. Renaming it does not solve the problem.

Any help on this? I have the base file stored and backed up, so no worries there, but I'd just finished some small details and upgrades to the part that I'd like to not have to redo. I'd prefer to just open and work on the existing file.

Thank you!

Bob

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7309.2 In reply to 7309.1 
Hi Bob, I don't know what happened to your file, but the one you attached does not seem to be a valid 3DM file, it's missing all the header information for example that should be at the start of the file. So it appears the file has been garbled or corrupted somehow, I'm not able to get any information from it, sorry.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7309.3 In reply to 7309.2 
Okay, thanks for looking. Really odd, I hit Save As in MOI, typed in the file name, hit enter, and this was what I got.

Back to the master back up copy.

Bob
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous

EDITED: 19 Mar 2015 by BEMFARMER

Reply Reply More Options