NVil, Samardac Config 1.0
 1-20  21-40  41-60  61-76

Previous
Next
7299.41 In reply to 7299.39 
Mike,
It is very personal I do not look on 3D environment as on Paper. I look on it as on 3D space where up is UP. So for me up is Y.
Check tutorials I posted above there are lot of them may be it will help you.

Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7299.42 In reply to 7299.40 
Wow, Andrei, that's a lot of tutorials.

I'm looking forward to start on them this afternoon.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
New version 2.2 is Here!
Updates:
The greatest hard edge shading was added by IStonia! Now it tuned and ready to use!
So you have two mods First when you work (Work Mode) and second Preview Mode when you Navigating viewport. In this Preview mode this new feature works! You will see all unsubdevided objects like if you work in CAD Program and even better, only hard edges will have black color!
This is how it works:

Preview mode(Really greate!):

How it was before(I do not like it at all!!! You can not see any edges):

Work Mode:

Also some pic from tutorial:)

And there are tutorials:

Also Config now Again white!! This new feature allowed me to back to white environment because all edges now are visible!!

Download:
http://nvil-help.tumblr.com/

EDITED: 21 Apr 2015 by ANDREI SAMARDAC

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Andrei,

You’re quite generous sharing your techniques and talents. I’m sure many appreciate that!

That said, I’m curious, why are you posting tutorials for other 3D software in MoI’s forum? I certainly understand Frenchy’s desire to keep us all informed on existing toolsets, and I also enjoy folks posting workarounds using other products– I do it too. But to my knowledge, these video tutes focus only on Nvil. Does Nvil not have their own forum? If they do, how do you think they would like if someone were to start posting MoI-only tutorials over there?

FWIW, I know of no other forum which provides for free advertisement and a platform for a competitors product.

Not to mention, it does take up both bandwidth and needlessly increases thread count from MoI’s servers. Certainly making a post or two about your wonderful transfer scripts is worthwhile, but do you really think it necessary to devote an entire thread to proselytizing Nvil?

Why is this any of my business?

Because when I send new potential buyers to the MoI forums to learn about MoI, they become rightly confused. Is Nvil part of MoI, and if not why is it so well advertised and supported on the MoI forum?

And, I selfishly do want people to purchase many, many copies of MoI so that Michael can continue to improve it and keep it alive and well. I’ve been around too long and used too many 3D packages which were put to pasture for lack of business support.

Please do continue posting your wonderful concept designs and renders. Please also consider the appropriateness of posting full Nvil only tutorials here.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7299.45 In reply to 7299.44 
+1 to chippwalters for a good point.

+1 to chippwalters for saying it in so polite way (i know that many would say harsh comment in such circumstance).
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I'm just standing here in a neutral corner - I have no stake either way.

I can see how it got to this point - When folks run into situations where a modeling task is best handled by a SubD program, Michael is quick to recommend one or more that can handle the task. Andrei has added NVil to his workflow and showed how it solved and/or streamlined some of his issues. That grew into some examples, which grew into tutorials.

Chipp is correct though - tutorials and videos for other products really belong in that vendor's forum. If everybody did this we would see Rhino tutorials, Blender tutorials, etc take over the MoI forum.

However, I have learned about several products and techniques not directly related to MoI from reading the MoI forum. But anything other than a simple "Hey, check this out" and a link, is clogging up the forum. No reason to post videos and pictures that are found on the vendor's site.

Ed Ferguson
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
chippwalters,
If you use Samardac Bridges you can model in NVil and then convert to MoI in one click. Great solution to solve organic stuff modeling with MoI.
A lot of people starting to use this approach, for example yesterday I got this message:

"Now I've exported SAMARADAC SPOON from NVIL via SAMARDAC Bridges and exported SAMARDAC SPOON from MOI as an .stl file and loaded it into Cura. Tomorrow I'll print it.
My (beginners version) of your spoon was created by following your tutorial which I've managed to follow having 'done' a bunch of your introductory tutorials.
I think that it's hard to get started in NVIL but I believe the it will be worth the effort.
I should mention that I've been using, from the start, the SAMARDAC Configuration!" (By mgg942)

PS
Forget to say, you have to use no less then this version of NVil to use with new config:
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Apr-21-15.rar

EDITED: 21 Apr 2015 by ANDREI SAMARDAC

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7299.48 In reply to 7299.47 
Hi Andrei,

Yes, I know about your bridges workflow. And I’m happy for you and others who find it worthwhile. It’s seems appropriate for those other new NVil users to go to the NVil website forums to learn best on how to use your fabulous techniques in NVil– and then come to this forum to learn best on how to use MoI.

And thanks for your many fine MoI tutorials. I learned a lot from them. Recently, your renders of your stealth rifle were very nice. I especially liked how you rendered the foam in the case. You should post a tutorial of it over in the KeyShot forum. I imagine many would be interested. I know I would!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks Andrei

I much prefer the lighter interface so glad you've gone back to that.

I appreciate your posts on Nvil, and the Moi Bridge. Without you posting here I would not of known about those workflows, both of which have come in very useful to me.

I'll be checking out those videos too as soon as I get a chance to see whats new.

~Kevin~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Andrei

This is just a suggestion.

One video I would be really interested to see (maybe other Moi users also) is how to retopo a high density MoI (or Nurbs) mesh with Nvil.

If it was how to retopo a hard surface model with Nvil would be even better !

~Kevin~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
As I've been quoted as part of this discussion I thought I'd offer my two-pennyworth.

I think that the Bridges topic is fully suitable for this forum as it extends MOI's usefulness.

I think that the original posting of Samardac Config was also entirely appropriate as there is a clear interest in the forum for affordable software to supplement MOI's capabilities and the Samardac Config does, I'm sure, make it easier to tackle NVIL, for a beginner like me at any rate.

However I suggest that follow up announcements might be better limited to a couple of lines of text and a link.

Mike aka mgg942
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7299.52 In reply to 7299.50 
Kevjon this is Retopo tutorial:
Do not forget to turn Retopo OFF when you finish!

EDITED: 23 Apr 2015 by ANDREI SAMARDAC

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
New domen is here: www.nvil.info
Here you will find all stuff about Samardac Config and Samardac Bridges and for sure tons of tutorials!

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thankyou Andrei, much appreciated. Certainly seems like fairly simple workflow in Nvil.

It does look a bit buggy though in certain areas, so it was also good you showed that in your video so I don't spend time trying to figure out why its not working for me.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7299.55 In reply to 7299.54 
kevjon, it was not a bug(I mean when I could not move up edges when I select full loop at 4.16). I just found solution. I'll fix it in new releas.
For now you can go Edit-Options-Using Vertex Normals on Transform (check it).
And it will work like a charm!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7299.56 In reply to 7299.55 
Cool thanks,

>go Edit-Options-Using Vertex Normals on Transform (check it)

I'll change my preferences so I can move loops without it messing up.

~Kevin~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Andrei,
I really like MoI and NVil they play well together and both are very affordable. I do all my hard surface modeling in MoI/Rhino and have started using NVil for organic modeling. Your configuration and tutorials for NVil have been a big help.
Thanks,
Bill
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Samardac,

Does Nvil support weight tension when working with subdivision surface ?
(I'm tired of edge looping my models ...).
And if it does, is there any export format that support this feature ?

I like this kind of workflow for sds modeling :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUmgnL2VLSg
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7299.59 In reply to 7299.58 
Hi PaQ,
Nvil has the greatest ever functionality of creasing edges. Modo with those tools of weight tension is like a kid near NVil :) Also I do not meat such a tools in any other modellers. So NVil is the best.
Check this video: I showed here how it works:

Personaly I always use this crease commands and never creas edges by creating supporting loops.

Nvil can export in .obj and .dae.
Unfortunately as I know these formats do not support this kind of information like creased edges, so you can not save it in .obj. But if you need model in .obj just export subdivided model.
And for sure all creased edges information is saved in NVil native format .vws.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7299.60 In reply to 7299.59 
Hello Andrei,

Thanks for the posted video, very interesting.
However from what I see, modo is far to be 'kid', quite the contrary :P

You seems to know Nvil very well, I have some flying hours on modo ... let's see if we can communicate :)

I don't see any difference about basic weight functionality.
But I'm still wondering if Nvil can have tension falloff like show in the first video. (so adjusting the crease strength along an edge selections).

Also Nvil seems to loose weight tension when you freeze your model, modo doesn't if you use native subdivision. (see attach)
What I mean is that edge weight is not reflected in the freezed topology. Is there an option in Nvil to get this topology result ? (right model on the posted image).
Let's be clear, native modo subdivsion as lots of flow compared to catmull clarck, but there are also some benefits.

EDITED: 3 Dec 2015 by PAQ

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-76