Creating Spirals

Next
I've got another trying to learn question. If I wanted to create spiral shapes such as this:

I can think of a number of ways to draw it with with freeform curves, but is there another way to do it? I'm thinking the twist tool or even flow?

Thanks,
Scott

NB: thanks for indulging these questions, I'm trying to learn, produce and keep my real job all at the same time!
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7294.3 In reply to 7294.1 
Hi scott - there is a spiral drawing tool that can probably help you, it's a part of the helix command.

Go to Draw curve > More > Helix, and after you place the first point there is a button labeled "Flat spiral" in the command options area that you can press to make a flattened spiral rather than making a helix that twists around an axis.

You can also use the Twist command, that is meant to always twist along an axis so you'd need to create a line that is sloped upwards vertically and then you can twist it into a helix, then flatten that down. But probably the helix command will be easiest.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Scott,

Here's a quick example using MoI's own (flat) spiral and the deform (with stretch) tools.

You'll need to play with the curve to get the kind of flared shape each swirl line has in your gif, compared to my example where the outline of each swirl tapers towards the extremity of each spiral base curve.

Cheers,
Hamish

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Very very helpful. Thank you all.
  Reply Reply More Options