Render thoughts.

Next
Just want to share some thoughts, I experiment today a bit with KeyShot and got this.
This is how absolutely stupid object can looks really great after good render. So I decided that render is underestimated and I, may be not only I pay much more attention to modeling and forge about render. But render has the same value because after good render even stupid object can looks great but after bad render even great model can looks awful.
What do you think?
untitled 46
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7290.2 In reply to 7290.1 
I use both MoI and KeyShot as well. I always say a good render begins with a good model.

In your example, it's not a stupid model. It is just a simple one.

Professional photographers will say it is all about the lighting. In your case, you made simple shapes come alive with dramatic lighting.

In my situation I render simple objects (rings) that are the only object in the scene. Lighting in my case is really put to work to create an impression.

I envy you guys who get to work with complex models like robots and airplanes :)

By the way, nice web site Andrei. Please keep sharing your ideas.

Ed Ferguson
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
I dont think this looks great. It looks dull.

I saw you made gorgeous renders, also great npr renders, so I dont understand your point.

Nowadays making realistic renders has become easy with solutions like keyshot, or others.

A simple hdr can kick out a pretty decent render with a few clicks, but setting a scene for animation, or bringing life to a scene is something you wont get by knobbling in your render software.

A good light setup will reward you quite some "Wow awesome incredible etc ..." comments on a simple sphere and plane scene.
It has nothing to do with the software you use.

First begin with a three lights setup, get something out of it, then you can add as many lights as you want. And then you can truly unleash the power of a bsdf engine.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All