Evonios 2 supercar designed and created with moi3d V3
 1  2-21  22

Previous
Next
7289.2 In reply to 7289.1 
Nice concept, looks like inspired from Lamborgini. But that Lamborghini DNI is Hexagon, but yours looks like have no any DNI.
Also it has very sharp angles and it shows that it was Made with MoI because MoI do not allow make fillet on such a complex shapes.
Any way for MoI looks good :) But try to evaluate any DNI to make some individuality and face.

Russian community of MOI 3D: www.vk.com/moi3d
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.3 In reply to 7289.1 
It's turning out great Nikola!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.4 In reply to 7289.1 
Hey Nikola,
Great result... Some good work put in on your car design!

Hey look. Lamborghini forgot to "fillet" the ACTUAL CAR!!!!!

Just so we all know, your poly modeler can't and will never be able to create a "fillet".....
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thank you Andrei,Michael and BurrMan for you feedbacks about my concept.Yes moi3d doesn't have more advanced tools so edges are sharp,so it looks like Lamborghini Aventador SV was modeled with moi3d.Thank you BurrMan for pointing me on that video,I didn't noticed Aventador has a lots of sharp edges.The only way for doing complex shapes like this is patch by patch modeling with sweep,network and blend tool.I saw the same technique one guy showed on youtube video tutorial with solidworks software.Now is it possible somehow to import this model from moi3d to viacad and to create fillets in viacad V9 version.I saw also there is match surface tool in viacad pro version.Model is still in WIP mode,so there will be some changing at the front of the car particularly.I will keep on refining it.

- Nikola
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.6 In reply to 7289.4 
BurrMan,
If Aventador had such sharp edges like on this concept you would have cut your hands if you decide to wash this car...

Aventador and practically all cars never has such sharp edges, they all more all less smooth with fillet or other technic.
That abstract sharp edges even do not produce any reflected light(spots) if you look carefully on Aventador you will see thin spots on edges and it because they are filleted or so ether, check picture.

That sharp edges for me personally are artifacts of not polished 3D models. In real world we can meet such sharp edges only in specific products life knifes etc... or on unfinished products like cuted metal.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.7 In reply to 7289.5 
nikola,
So if we will talk about concept and shapes that sharp edges is not such important and as I said all cars had their individuality. For example Lamborghini with its cuted edges has inspired from minerals and crystals and generally all forms are made from diffrend variations of hexagon, check picture, all that figures have 6 six angles.

All that crystals and minerals forms and hexagons are in general so called car DNI.

So what is DNI of you car? I think it is generic modified Lamborghini and it is mutant that turn nice Lamborghini DNA in to not so perfect forms.
So I advised to you to make something innovative, something new. I do not think world has need in mutated Lamborgini, I think world even no need in second Lamborghini.
So do something new something with new DNI and new individuality, secondhand is not so sought after. I'm sorry if a little harsh but English is not my native and can not spend a lot of time tring to pick up words.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello nikola,
Nice WIP. Perhaps the raked front and more flowing rear of the concept are throwing some off due to a perceived mismatch. Your portfolio is nice, it shows you can refine your designs nicely.

Burr,
Please don't discourage Andrei, how else will I get my humor fix on the forum? :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.9 In reply to 7289.5 
Hi Nikola,

""""""""""""""""""".Now is it possible somehow to import this model from moi3d to viacad and to create fillets in viacad V9 version. I saw also there is match surface tool in viacad pro version.""""""""""""""""

Yes, Viacad is a great tool to add more refined fillets. I've struggled with their match surface tool, but I haven't spent a lot of time with it.. VSR will be a good tool for this.

Lets also remember that "in the real world" there is no such thing as a sharp edge.... That is an illusion of your computer.

Also, the higher end modelers work in such a way that you "de-feature" areas for the actual manufacturing. That means you remove fillets and such so the machine tooling can make the shape.... Another reason things like this are made with NURBS....

Keep up the great work Nikola. Its a great skill to have!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.10 In reply to 7289.9 
Hi BurrMan,

Thank you for your support,I'm also grateful for Andrei critics about sharp edges.Now I'm working on finding the solutions for sharp edges.I'm doing it manually by cutting surfaces,then I connect it with lines(network or sweep) or I use blend tool.It makes me crazy when blend tool creates curles at the ends.Is there are a script or something or it is the rule for blend tool.Sometimes fillet tool works,sometimes not.I'm still working on my carbody.It is hell of a job in moi3d without advanced tools,but it worths and it is possible.Check my latest screenshots.

On link below you can see how I developed my project and latest realistic 3d renderings.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/24499195/Evonios-2-CAD-project

- Nikola

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.11 In reply to 7289.10 
Maybe separate out a couple panels and post them here.....
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.12 In reply to 7289.11 
Hi BurrMan,

Here it is my moi3d file in the attachment.I've put some panels on which I worked today,and with which I'm pleased for now.Rear view has sharp edges so I didn't put it.I saw also I have to create longer tail so I did it.Now it looks much better,what it shows on my realistic renderings.

- Nikola(Zenox3d)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello nikola,

You have a large amount of control points and trimmed surfaces in the model that are probably causing you trouble. Also the misalignment and numerical difference of those points between panels is probably making it difficult to get good surface matching. If at all possible try starting with the absolute minimum of points on surface and try to keep your point count as consistent as possible between surfaces. I think you could also benefit from a bit of a rethink on how you are laying out your surfaces, it seems you're trying to blend surfaces in less than ideal areas.

That said the car looks great, even with the sharp edges :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.14 In reply to 7289.13 
Here's a quick video that shows what Ostexo is talking about:

The key for your cars will be going back to your initial method of layout and defining "sections" that you will do your layout "past' (extending your modeling curves and panels past each section)....

That should also keep your modeling techniques congruent so you aren't creating disparate surface structures that you have to try and blend....

There's much to talk about your model, but the basis would be that....

""""""""That said the car looks great, even with the sharp edges """""""""

Agreed! :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Cool tuto!
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.16 In reply to 7289.14 
BurrMan,
Thanks for the video. BTW, what are the 4 bracketed regions numbered 1,2,3,4 in the bottom of the interface?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.17 In reply to 7289.16 
Hey Chipwalters,
Those are part of Max's Custom UI and they Perform a viewport "state" save.... So 4 view angles can be cycled.....

Michael created a viewstack, but it has to be cycled in order.... At some point he should provide access to the stack for user selections....
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thank you OSTexo and BurrMan for your feedbacks and for your advices.I must say I rarely check how my surface points look,almost never.Now I see what is going and why I have problems with my blending tool.Sometimes I'm using sweep and sometimes network,but there where some changes in the design,so bad trimming stayed and created me a mess.I will pay attention more on my point surfaces for sure.By the way I've tried to see how it will blend surfaces from my front hood design in viacad pro(trial),it is the same as in moi3d.Now I see that is how blend tool works,also now I'm getting more ideas how to do some surfaces.Maybe I will try to connect some of my surfaces with loft(it glues pretty nicely) and then to fillet it.Anyway I will keep trying with trials and errors with checking my surface points in the future,and if something interesting come up I will post it.My design looks nicely,but it is pretty complex and moves me forward to sharpen my nurbs modeling skills.Thank you again for helping me with my project.

Best Regards, Nikola
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.19 In reply to 7289.18 
Burr:every time is a pleasure watch your lessons...grazie :)

Now we have a lot of "so-called" dream cars:Pagani,Koenigseggs,new-era Lamborghini and so,plenty of designers with powerful cad-programs
My question is:how many of them we still remember to 100 years?

I remember Lamborghini for tractors,very popular here

but also for a perfect beauty(yes..she's not a car):The Miura.....

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.20 In reply to 7289.19 
Mauro, I'll remember this one!

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7289.21 In reply to 7289.20 
Countach was innovative because started new design featuring sharp shapes
Marcello Gandini for Bertone did it,as for Miura.I saw it few times :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1  2-21  22