Insufficient memory warning drives me crazy.

Next
Could this be improved like automatically save in parts before the warning appears?
Or if an item got a problem get back to normal with a dedicated warning message?
Currently its like going through all parts export them separate to find the problems.. and thats really driving me crazy.
PS: Even on windows I get that often.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
7278.2 In reply to 7278.1 
Hi Robert, there are some display settings you can adjust which may help with complex models. The default display settings make the display meshes pretty dense and that can end up consuming a lot of memory. See here for the settings to adjust under Options > View:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5322.2

That can help reduce memory consumption for the display and leave more available memory for export meshing.

> Could this be improved like automatically save in parts before the warning appears?

It's unfortunately pretty difficult for the code to know in advance when it is going to run out of memory, the meshing process works by a kind of incremental refinement for many parts of it and it often won't know how dense the final output is going to end up being until it has actually finished the entire process.

> Or if an item got a problem get back to normal with a dedicated warning message?

Sorry I don't understand this part - when you run out of memory there is already a dedicated warning message about, what other kind of message would you want instead of that?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All