MoI GUI Builder released for Mac and PC!
 1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-102

Previous
Next
Example uses the darkinterface preset.
Notice scrollbar at bottom is much less prominent. Also, the icons are customized to match the color of the interface.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Here's the existing ICONS which will work for both LIGHT and DARK interfaces. You can colorize them however you like in Icon Builder. See below for exceptions*

*Not sure how to replace the Copy, Paste and History Icons...Michael?
*The Dark icons at the bottom are base64 encoded directly in the htm file. Perhaps the htm file can be modified to look first for an icon name and if it doesn't find it use the base 64 encoded version? Max?

Icons for Light Backgrounds:
https://altuit.cloud/web/dbpub/MoIGUIdownloads/IconsForLightBgs.zip

Icons for Dark Backgrounds: (Like above)
https://altuit.cloud/web/dbpub/MoIGUIdownloads/IconsForDarkBgs.zip

Remember, put these in your moi_icons folder in MGB. It will use these to build out the full set (minus what you see above). Then save to your icons folder in moi/ui/icons
(please back up!)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7245.43 In reply to 7245.42 
*Not sure how to replace the Copy, Paste and History Icons..?

Those are being drawn as a resource from the application.

What you can do is edit the sidepane.htm file to change them from a resource to an icon asset. The 2 lines are listed below.

code:
<table><tr><td>&lt;moi:CommandButton icon="res://copyclipboardicon" command="copyclipboard" rcommand="copyclipboardwithorigin"&gt;&lt;moi:Text textid="Copy clipboard"&gt;&lt;/moi:CommandButton&gt;</td>
<td>&lt;moi:CommandButton icon="res://pasteicon" command="paste" </td></tr></table>

Just change the Res : / /xxxxxx lines to regular "icon="icons/xxxxx.png" lines..........

EDITED: 18 Mar 2015 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7245.44 In reply to 7245.43 
Thanks. For other Resources, Michael has provided a mechanism to replace them by just putting a correctly named file in the icons folder-- without having to edit the htm of a specific file. I'm trying NOT to touch anything but the moi.css file (so far that's all I change in MGB). Of course Icon Builder creates new icons which must be manually moved to the icons folder.

I'm hoping there is something similar for these icons as well.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7245.45 In reply to 7245.44 
Hi Chipp, yes the same thing should apply to the Copy, Paste, and History icons (info on this here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6325.5).

If you place files named CopyClipboardIcon.png, PasteIcon.png, and HistoryIcon.png in the /icons sub-folder they should get picked up and used without needing to change the side pane code itself.

To see which specific name to use (like you probably got tripped up because Copy needs to be "CopyClipboard", the other kind of copy is the Transform > Copy command), look at the button code to see what is used there for the res:// protocol, like for example for Edit > Copy it says: icon="res://copyclipboardicon"

- Michael

EDITED: 18 Mar 2015 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7245.46 In reply to 7245.45 
Thanks Michael,

Yes, you are correct. I did try using the obvious names to no avail. Good tip by you and Burrman on where to find the names! Much appreciated. I'll soon update the icon files links with the new icons.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Added the icons to the ZIP collections referenced above:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7245.42

Also added a feature which effectively DOUBLES the intensity of the colorization (see checkbox below).

Created this new set in about 10 seconds.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
A couple more interfaces to show how you use the IconsForDark vs IconsForLight version.
This one is fairly generic and uses the IconsForDarkBgs.zip and the darkInterface theme template with light gray icon color and black hilite color:

And his one is fairly generic and uses the IconsForLightBgs.zip and the MediumInterface theme template with black icon color and white hilite color:

If you colorized the top interface with the IconsForLight, all the icons would look like a NEGATIVE (inverted) version, and of course the same is true if you colorized the bottom set of icons using IconsForDark.

It's best to think of it this way:
If the global text is overall darker than the background, then you should use IconsForLight. If the global text is overall lighter, then use the IconsForDark. Hope that clears things up :)

EDITED: 18 Mar 2015 by CHIPPWALTERS

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Chipp, thank you!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Just a workflow update. I think setting icon colors may be bit of a struggle for some. So I created this video showing how to use MGB and in particular the Icon Builder part.

Also, here's a view of the latest interface I'm currently using. Here's a link to the MGB Template file:
https://altuit.cloud/web/dbpub/MoIGUIdownloads/modo01.txt

Have you seen MoI Interface Builder?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Smart result and cool video tutorial! :)
French site updated! :) http://moiscript.weebly.com/mgb-interface.html

PS Seems all your pieces of the moto car are individually named ?

EDITED: 3 Apr 2015 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7245.52 In reply to 7245.1 
Thank you Chipp, I did not look at the forum for a while now but I am amazed what for cool stuff is contributed by you and many others for this great App.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7245.53 In reply to 7245.50 
Awesome stuff......do you mind posting a link with a zip for all the icons for this modo theme?
I am really digging this look.

how you got this xyz gizmo on the lower left of the viewport?

Thanks for all you hardwork chipp!

A.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7245.54 In reply to 7245.53 
I believe the setting for the gizmo visibility is in the options panel.

I'm not currently at my computer but I will zip the icons and for them when I get there. Please re-read the previous posts as some of the icons go in different places.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7245.55 In reply to 7245.54 
Thanks for the quick response....sorry but i am new to Moi.....I have Alot of catching up to do regarding the customozation of this awesome software.

My apologies.

A.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next

New Updates

First off, I've got a whole package for those of you who don't want to mess with MGB but would like to use the MODO-like interface. Here's the interface (right-click to view full scale):

A few things to note about this interface. Most of you know, earlier on I created icons for the document management part on the lower left. Now, I've recreated Max's icons so they will work with the Icon Builder component of MGB. So, now it's easy to colorize them as well as all the rest of the icons.

Also, I've added new icons for Max's new SDS scripts, including SDS, Split, Bridge and Scale. Plus, there are an associated group of script commands (and edits) which are used to place them at the bottom next to Max's other scripts. More on that later.

So, in order to use this exact same interface, here's what you'll need to do:

1. Download these files

MODO moi.css:
https://altuit.cloud/web/dbpub/MoIGUIdownloads/MODOmoi-css.zip

MODO icons
https://altuit.cloud/web/dbpub/MoIGUIdownloads/MODOicons.zip

MODO interface images:
https://altuit.cloud/web/dbpub/MoIGUIdownloads/MODOinterfaceImgs.zip

Max Scripts (Only if you have his toolbar and subD scripts installed)
https://altuit.cloud/web/dbpub/MoIGUIdownloads/maxButtons.zip

2. BACKUP all of MoI and it's config files!

Don't make me say 'I told you so!' ;-)

3. Put them in their CORRECT Locations

Here are the files..

moi.css

It goes in the
code:
moi/ui
folder and replaces the existing one there.

icons

There are MORE icons in this new MODO icons folder (built by MGB icon builder) than currently in your
code:
moi/ui/icons
folder. Be sure to copy and the files in the download icons folder and replace them in the existing
code:
moi/ui/icons
folder.

interface images

These will replace the existing images with the same name in the moi/ui folder.

Max scripts

These all go in the
code:
moi/ui/customui
folder. If you don't have this folder then you don't have Max's tools installed. You'll need to go to his thread and install from there first.
NOTE: I edited some Max scripts to remove the embedded icons and add the newly built generated icons. No other functional changes were made.
  • 70 ObjLibrary.htm
  • 80 ExtScripts.htm
  • 84 Snapshot.htm
  • 88 LightingPresets.htm

Also, I've ADDED the following html script files, which also go in the
code:
moi/ui/customui
folder. They of course have matching icons which you've already installed.
  • 94 Scale.htm
  • 91 SDS.htm
  • 92 Split.htm
  • 93 Bridge.htm

A couple other things to remember:
  1. Max's scripts go along the bottom, from left to right based on the NUMBER before the file name. So,
    code:
    94 Scale.htm
    will show up to the right of
    code:
    93 Bridge.htm
  2. Placing a
    code:
    -
    in front of a htm file will disable it from being shown in the interface. So, to hide the Snapshot button, just change it’s name to
    code:
    -84 Snapshot.htm

Other stuff

If you want to recreate your own icon color schemes, I've updated the icons for both Dark and Light backgrounds. So, please download the new versions:
https://altuit.cloud/web/dbpub/MoIGUIdownloads/IconsForDarkBgs.zip
https://altuit.cloud/web/dbpub/MoIGUIdownloads/IconsForLightBgs.zip
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7245.57 In reply to 7245.56 
Sweet, Thanks for this chipp.

A general question, perhaps you know something about or even better, Michael can respond this one...

All this UI icons are 64px X 64px. With the new set of retina displays coming into the market. If there is a way that Moi can be take advantage of a set of higher resolutions icons?
I am seeing a lot of software updating their interface for this new generation of 3K, 4K monitors.

If I update the icons to a bigger size/resolution I wonder if something have to be change in Moi's files to allows this new set of high resolutions icons to work with the software..????

Michael anything to add here????

Cheers!

Abelo
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7245.58 In reply to 7245.57 
Hi Abelo,

> All this UI icons are 64px X 64px.

Well not exactly - that's the source image for the icon, it's not the displayed size in the UI. The displayed size is controlled by the current UI font size. Normally the displayed size is a fair amount less than 64x64 and so the higher resolution source image gets automatically scaled down on a regular display.

On a high resolution retina display the displayed size will be larger and will probably end up using the full image maybe enlarging it slightly.

So the existing system will already be adapting pretty much fine to the retina display just using the current icons, basically the icons were already set up to be fairly larger and scaled downwards from the beginning so there shouldn't be any need to make them "even larger yet" I don't think...

If you want to experiment with it anyway, you can just edit the icon to put a larger size file in there like a 128x128 pixel one - the UI system will automatically scale the source icon to the displayed size whether that's scaling it up or scaling it down. But it's pretty unlikely that you will really see any difference from the 64x64 images.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7245.59 In reply to 7245.58 
Fair enough!. Thanks Michael for your detailed and quick answer. Later on I will do some testing on a 4k monitor.

I am glad to heard that you set up Moi to behave this way, so just adding a new set of higher resolutions icons will make Moi "ready" for retina display monitors without messing up the behavior of the layout.

Cheers!

Abelo
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7245.60 In reply to 7245.59 
Hi Abelo, I should mention that there is a separate problem for MoI currently on the actual Retina display where there does not seem to be any way to turn off the system where they lie to the application and tell it that its window is half the size and then scale it up to double size on screen.

MoI itself is ready to run full size but the problem is that Apple does not seem to have provided any way to shut off that size doubling for non-Cocoa apps. I am working to improve this in the future so that MoI will hopefully be able to stop using the Wineskin system for running it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-102